Land question - am stuck! :(

sorrano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the purchase of land on a private estate.

Just over a week ago, I bought land that was listed as 'Adult' and also that either Residential or Commercial use was ok.  This is ideal for me as I needed Adult Commercial land, so I went ahead and bought 2 adjoining parcels.

The landlord was very helpful and even merged the 2 boxes into one for me.

However, I logged in today to see that the sim has been changed to Moderate Residential only.  I just renewed my lease for another week (5K +) and now I have land which is of no use to me!

My question is, how do I stand here?  Am I owed a refund or is this a risk I must take?  Like can the Landlord change this whenever they like with no notice?  None was received, by the way.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ethan

Unfortunately you find yourself in the not so unique position of placing yourself at the mercy of an estate owner that changes things. There is literally nothing you can do, other than request a refund and hope for the best. Linden Labs does not get involved with estate owner / renter disputes.

unfortunately as the others already said. There is no legal ground with Lindenlab itself getting involved and forcing him to refund. You are only bound to the 'contract' between you and the landowner.

Maybe check all information or rental notes he might have handed you before renting and see if there is anything mentioned about him being able to change the mainproperties without refunding to customers. In that case and in general you can just ask nicely and hope for his rational appeal in such cases and that he will refund you or change the settings to mature again.

sorrano wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the purchase of land on a private estate.

Just over a week ago, I bought land that was listed as 'Adult' and also that either Residential or Commercial use was ok.  This is ideal for me as I needed Adult Commercial land, so I went ahead and bought 2 adjoining parcels.

The landlord was very helpful and even merged the 2 boxes into one for me.

However, I logged in today to see that the sim has been changed to Moderate Residential only.  I just renewed my lease for another week (5K +) and now I have land which is of no use to me!

My question is, how do I stand here?  Am I owed a refund or is this a risk I must take?  Like can the Landlord change this whenever they like with no notice?  None was received, by the way.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ethan

You could also try to see if there's a way you can swap for a lot on another sim owned by the same landlord that's got what you need.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.