Replicating virus attack on land. fills prims

BoRegard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a problem with a replicating virus on my land. I opened a gift I thought was valid, and it took over my land. I deleted the object but it continues to replicate with these messages in the Local Chat window:

Can't rez object 'Object' at { 129.122, 173.307, 2474.16 } on parcel '9712 sqm - Naked LandLady Rentals - Lyndsay Carson' in region Phoenix Enchanted because the parcel is too full.

and also:

Your object named
f9ff0079-d589-4f76-b520-ae3749b016ab330361.5000000
has given you this notecard:
'[WGS] August Term Enrollment!'

and help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BoRegard

3 answers to this question

It's not a virus, although it acts like one.   Versions of this thing have been around for a while.  They are annoying, especially since they spoof your identity and make other people think that you are the bad guy.  Follow the suggestions that Val linked you to, though.  They work.

Although you say you deleted the object, there is still something on your land which is rezzing objects.  The messages you are getting should include the coordinates of the sending object.  Go there, and try to find the generator.  It will probably be very small, and transparent.  Use CTRL+ALT+T to help find transparent prims.  Use World/Show More/Beacons and the Scripted Objects setting in the Beacon window to help locate objects with running scripts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.