Need help with AV

Keysame

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well you see, Im new here to Second Life and Ive bought two full avs already,and theyre very well done and everything
But of course, I dont really feel like theyre... MINE, yknow? And I wish I could make an AV myself, like maybe a muscular av or a furry av or something, but I dont really know how to ;w;
Can anybody help me make one? Or just teach me a bit or tutor me?
And by make I don't mean make one out of parts, I know it's hard, but I want to make one from of scratch TTwTT
I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me owo
IM me or PM me or reply if you can help me, or just leave advice, I'd greatly appreciate ANY help ;www;

Your best bet is to ask somebody from a Mod Store like Chimera or Spare parts.. Even if you can't make one.. Use Different parts to make something your own... There's plenty of Stores inworld or Marketplace to buy  parts to make your own av.. A lot of people do  especially furs.. And some stores are cheap..  Try Chimera ,Spare parts,Or Symbiotic  or even Puppy!!

Good luck to you in your searches

Probably you feel this way because having bought complete AV's you know there are others out there that also bought them and who look like you.

If you want an AV that is 'you' and unique, shop for each component separately.  Find a skin you like then look for a muscular shape that goes with it.  Try on Demo's before you buy anything.  Be sure to get the best quality skin you can afford because a high quality skin will make a huge difference in your appearance.  Also be sure the shape you get is modifiable so you can tweak it yourself using the sliders in appearance for creating or moding a shape to make it even more 'you'.   It is best to do this in inworld stores. You can look on MP initially, but go in world to the shop.  Also be aware that some of the better merchants only have an in world store. 

There are shops that sell eyes, hair and other avatar components separately,  By choosing the ones that appeal to you most, and then clothing that is your 'style' you will soon feel more like the 'you' you want to be.

The avi's you bought, unless they were mesh, probably came in a package of components.  There is nothing wrong with using some of them if you feel that you like them enough.

If you buy any mesh clothing buy it after deciding on a shape and make sure you try a demo first so that you know it fits well and looks good on you.  Not all mesh cloths fit everyone.  If a demo is not offered skip it and find clothing stores that offer them. 

You may want to ask someone who has been in SL a while and whose avatar that you admire to help you with the process.  Its always good to get a second opinion and they can take you to shops they know that sell good quality things that are priced fairly.  Not all people will be willing to do this, but keep asking and you'll find someone.  Women particularly like to do this for guys and many times know where to find the best stuff already.  But don't let anyone helping you make your decisions for you.  Make your avatar to please yourself first, not someone else.

You want to learn to make an av from scratch? That will take a long time unless you have prior computer graphics experience.

Meanwhile you should have fun customizing your avatar to your liking.

You can begin by searching fabfree in google to find the Fab Free website. That will get you to sample some free or cheap stuff from around SL and expose you to all types of creators. 

To learn, try you tube videos, or NCI classes in SL. There is also Builders Brewery and I think Happy Hippo or something?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.