Shoe not 'sitting' correctly!

Fayette Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This happens to me a lot. It looks as if my shoe is attached to my calf but it is not. They are attached to my feet. Restarting, clearing cache, removing all alphas and whatnot still do not help. It eventually fixes itself but I never know when or why. If anyone can help that would be fantastic!Snapshot_037_02.png

Hello, if this shoes are sculpted then nothing you can do, if they are rigged mesh maybe with good rigging it could look better, but never will they fit perfect.

The creator does not know the "size" of your legs.

Simply it´s just a common SL problem where some things look better than others or you luckily have a shape that matches the creators doll.

Monti

• Like 1

I have these shoes.  From the picture it looks like they are too high on  your lower leg and you just need to adjust their position.  Wear the show shape and alpha.  Then the shoes.  Stand on a pose stand and right click them, go to edit and using the arrow keys lower them to the end of your leg. 

If these shoes are attaching to your foot instead, which you can tell by looking at the item in your inventory which will tell you where it is attaching, you can change it. Instead of wearing them, wear the shoe shape and alpha then right click on each shoe and choose Attach To > Lower leg.  You will need ot be on a pose stand to do this though as you may need to move the shoe around and perhaps rotate it to be in the correct position.  Once in the correct position detach them reattach them to save it.

• Like 1

I've noticed occasionally that when I first wear a pair shoes, my avatar "bounces" up and down briefly. I think, though I can't swear to it, that's it's related to a script in the shoe to make sure the avatar is positioned correctly in relation to the shoe and whatnot - a sort of shoe fixer. Every now and again, this doesn't settle properly, and I get the look you're talking about. Taking them off and then rewearing sometimes helps. Otherwise I either reposition the shoe until it looks right again, or I pick another pair and wear those instead.

It's a theory, anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.