A few suggestions

Liana Halostar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A short while back, LL did a survey to inquire about upcoming improvements to the Marketplace. I was very enthusiastic about offering my input. Until I saw the survey. I would like to offer my answers to the survey they didn’t have.

The navigation buttons to scroll through the pages of listings are poorly designed and only allow you to advance one page at a time. So if you’re on page four and want page nine out of 13, you have to click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait. This is an annoying waste of time when you have many changes and you have to do it repeatedly.

When you bulk edit items on the second or later page of listings, you’re returned to page one after saving. You then have to click, wait, click, wait, etc to get back to your page.

Items in Manage Listings follow their own, bizarre set of rules for alphabetizing. You can click the headings to change the sort order and get them in quasi-alphabetical order but never in proper order. This is extremely inefficient and very problematical when editing multiple items.

When searching an item in the Manage Listings view and you activate or deactivate it, you’re returned to the full listings view and must search the item again.

AND MY TWO LIST TOPPERS....

There is no way to make batch changes to images or the distribution. So if you want to change the images or distribution amount on several hundred items, you must do them all one at a time. It can take several days to do a task that you should be able to do in a few minutes. Nor can you delete multiple items. LL probably considers this a "safety measure" but I consider it a nuisance.

The distribution can only be set as a whole percentage, which makes it impossible to make a fair split im many cases. It would make much more sense if the value could be set as a L$ amount (not to mention that it would be much easier for the merchant).

Howdy, Liana

I've been frustrated by each and every one these things too, and I always think to myself; "There's GOT to be a better way to do this."  So you are not alone in what you'd like to see done for merchants on the marketplace.

When I first started my SL business, I had a business partner and added him in the distributions on all the products we created and I added to the store.  Then, he got sick and passed away in real life, and it took me days and days to remove that distribution from all 430 products (at that time) we had in the store.  It was frustrating as youknowwhat.  

Unfortunately, I don't think any of these things are going to be fixed (or changed) any time soon.  Others have said the same things, we've discussed them here in the forums, and the processes and problems remain. :(

Drake

What about scripts? Sounds? Dance animations? There are many things in SL that can't be photographed and are better suited to a generic image. Even clothing, textures, or other items that can be photographed often come in packs so you may use one image for multiple items. Or you may have several images, all of which are applicable to a variety of items.

I can go on but I'm sure that after five years in SL you understand that the virtual world offers unique opportunities to those creative enough to exploit them. Unfortunately, LL does not offer those same opportunities on the Marketplace.

• 4 months later...

I have a suggestion too.

When I like to see who has bought a certain item, I can't search in my transaction history on the name of the item. I can only search on  transaction number, or name of buyer, or item in delivered or not.

I want to offer my clients an updated item for free but I really dont know who bought that in the past  year. It would be nice to search  on name of item and get a list of buyers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.