iDakotaPawz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I seem to be having issues with hair.  I've recently purchased some nice looking hair, and my avatar being very unique in a manner of speaking it's very difficult to find hair that matches or fits.  Now that I have, randomly, and usually after teleporting, my hair becomes invisible to other users yet still visible to me.  At this point, trying to detach the hair is pointless and won't detach.  I end up having to relog and it's rather frustrating.  There are other times that detaching and reattaching works, but not very often.  Can anyone tell me why it does this and how I can have a permanent solution, if any?

EDIT:  As far as I know it's not a mesh hair.  It's editable and resizable without scripts.  I've done what you suggested though, but if there is something else that could possibly be it for a non-rigged non-meshed hair, that would be nice.

2 answers to this question

Hello Dakota,

Are you using a Mesh Hair product?

As I recall, when I last wore a demo mesh hair and TP'd to get an opinion, it took a bit for it to arrive [become visible] to those around me as well. I don;t believe this is a fundamental issue with mesh objects. I have a great many lovely rigged and non-rigged mesh outfits that seem to work well.

Try changing the debug setting MeshMaxConcurrentRequests to a higher number, like 100

This should make mesh items appear again.

Me / Preferences / Advanced [to gain access to the debug settings menu option]

• Like 1

This sounds like a variation on a bake fail.  I haven't seen it happen quite like this for a few years, but I used to have trouble with some attachments (hair, prim skirts...)  not following me when I teleported. I replaced my router and it hasn't happened since.  Teleportation is stressful, because your avatar and everything on it are being transferred from one set of servers to another, and your own graphics card has to render an entirely new environment on top of that.  If you have a wobbly Internet connection, things can get messed up.  I figure that's what was happening to me at the time. 

Try just rebooting your router (unplug it from the power for a few minutes) and see if that helps.  If you've been on wireless, ditch it and go with cable instead.  If those things don't work, try temporarily plugging your computer's Interneyt cable directly into the modem, bypassing the router.  If THAT works, you may need to replace your router, the way I did.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.