Group tipjars not working! [SOLVED]

Bartimaeus Brandenburg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to set up a tipjar where someone besides me (the owner) can log in and use it. I've tried many variants but I receive all the money and the intended users receive nothing and I have toyed with the split settings!

I'm particularly fond of Komarov's tipjar, it has many nifty features but not even that one works. Has something happened in any update that makes these tipjars useless or did I miss something in the instructions maybe?

In the meantime I've had to give each performer their own tipjar for them to rez, so that they'll recieve tips...

[SOLUTION]

The moethod llGiveMoney() doesn't work if the object is deeded to a group.

Just scanning that script quickly, I don't see anything that should be broken (although personally, I'd now replace llGiveMoney() with llTransferLindenDollars() so the script could at least know whether the transaction completes).

It does require quite an elaborate setup, with a notecard listing the (legacy) name and key of each person who's authorized to login, and another notecard detailing how the proceeds are to be split. I've written a few tipjar scripts, and some proceeds-splitting vendors, but never anything needing such intricate setup, so I kinda wonder whether the problem may be in getting those notecards exactly right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.