Cant exchange currencies? US$ TO L$ not working.

MandyMorcox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We are unable to complete your request.
  • You can't exchange currency. Please click here for more information.
Buy Linden Dollar Order
L$ 2,500
US$ 10.43
US$ 25.00
US$ 0.00

So, I tried everything i could but call you guys. Whats up with this? Why cant I purchase 10$ worth of lindens with 25$ already removed from my card and put on this account?

3 answers to this question

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

Griffin is right.  By putting $25 USD on your account, you've maxed out your transaction limit.  If you just wait a few days, those limits will be lifted, and you'll be able to use your $USD to purchase $L.

The restrictions are set very tight for the first week or so as a fraud prevention measure.

What you SHOULD have done (and LL does not explain this very well), is to just use your payment method to purchase $L directly, rather than increasing your $USD balance first.

A tip:  As a rule, I try to buy $L in larger amounts than $10 or $20.  The transaction fees eat up too high a percentage of a small purchase.  Try to buy (or sell) $L in amounts of $100 USD or more...it's more cost effective.  (But don't worry about doing this if you are sure you won't need that large an amount!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.