Second Life Cannot be accessed from this computer!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all! 

I've just joined Second Life so I'm new to shopping, people, all that. ;p 

I came across a big ..BIG problem. Every time I try to log in It tells me it cannot be accessed from my computer.

no other person in my home has Second Life, and I just bought a new computer recently, why am I getting this error?

Here they are! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Second Life 3.4.4 (268864) Jan 10 2013 04:16:34 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (2400.08 MHz)
Memory: 2047 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0697
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

If like you say, You haven't accessed SL before,then It couldnt be a ban, unless you had another account, different name before, and it had an administrative ban, then it will affect this other account

Restart router or modem? and try, but I guess you tried that already, use third party viewer, although the message seems like the account is blocked

It's Probably an IP ban. I am currently going thru the same thing.

My Internet company came out to do some work the other day and after the router came back on line it gave me a new IP and now I get the " You can not access second life from this computer". error every time I log in. Looks Like I picked up an already banned IP. So I am using my VPN to log in with lol

If you have access to your router. unplug it for 30 minutes to an hour and see if it picks up a New Ip after you plug it back in to the power source.

I dont have access to my router, so I have been waiting for LL to answer a ticket for 2 days on this matter. it seems they dont give a flying rats arse lol

My guess is you have an IP that is already in the ban list or their system is borked and banning users just for logging in

Dilbert might have it nailed correctly.  But there is another possibility too.  You said you this is a computer.  It may be new to you but those specs are not what you would find on a recently manufactured computer (those specs are nearly the same as a computer I had some 5 (or maybe even 6) years ago.  If you purchased that computer as a referb or used computer it's entirely possible that the user of that computer got hardware banned.  You need to contact LL via a support ticket.

I just bought a new computer recently ...

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (2400.08 MHz)
Memory: 2047 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2

Hey, that doesn't sound like a new computer at all, the Q6600 as well as the 9500GT are at least 5 years old. They should run SL just fine nevertheless.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.