What is the status of the "new" LSL Teleport Agent?

Jer Straaf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried the "new" llTeleportAgent() and, well, there is nothing new here! I touch the scripted object and it asks me for permission. Hmm, ok, maybe this feature means that it will remember and not ask again?  Nope, it asks every single time, thus ruining the "immersive experience" that I am trying to create.

I have searched dozens and dozens of articles that all parrot the LL press release from last summer but offer no links to any LSL Wiki page other than the one containing the old/original functionality. LL's official information contails the usual double-talk: "These new features are being shipped disabled."

Does anyone know the actual status of what LL promised us last summer?

Thanks!

Try searching the archives for this forum, using the key word llTeleportAgent.  Look over in SLU too. You'll find a lot of discussion about it.  Unfortunately, within a week of when the function was released, griefers exposed a serious flaw (by teleporting an embarrassing number of Lindens involuntarily during office hours), so LL cut way back on its usefulness.  Basically, the function is nice but only works now for the owner of the object it's used in, which makes it pretty limited.  People who were hoping to make stargates are disappointed. 

You don't have to touch a llTeleportAgent - enabled object to make it work, BTW.  Collision works fine.  I have made a few stargate-like portals so that I can TP to distant spots by just walking through a wall in my workshop.  Try

default{    state_entry()    {        llVolumeDetect(TRUE);        llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TELEPORT);    }            collision_start(integer num)    {        if (llGetPermissions() & PERMISSION_TELEPORT)        {            llTeleportAgent(llGetOwner(),llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_LANDMARK,0),ZERO_VECTOR, ZERO_VECTOR);        }    }        run_time_permissions (integer perm)    {        if (perm & PERMISSION_TELEPORT)        {            llOwnerSay("The gate has been activated");        }    }}

Once you've given it permission once, it remembers and never asks again unless you reset the script.

Jer, I created a HUD a long time ago that's responding to TP requests from Stargates and from RLV objects. That does get around the issue of having to ask permission, as the object retains the owner's permission. It's free, fullperm and comes with a "do whatever you want with it" license, if you'd like I'll send it to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.