Unable to play.

JuskoChihiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello.

I just made my Second Life character, thinking "woohoo! Let's play!" Since I'm new, and I go to log on, and it says not accessible from my computer? Why is this? If it's because of age, my younger sister was messing around with my OLD account and probably got me banned because of age. She was maybe 10?  I really want to play this game. She did nothing innapropriate, other then play, but I really want this game. I didn't get any real help from the FAQ. Is there any way to play without a different computer?

5 answers to this question

You will have to contact Linden Lab direct if, in fact, your computer has been banned due to your underaged sister using your account.  I'm really not sure what is best but I would start with a support ticket (don't ask me what catagory because I wouldn't know) explaining what happened.  There's a very good chance that the support ticket will not get you very far but it worth a try for no other reason than that maybe you will get an answer on what would be the next step.  LL has a contact page ( http://lindenlab.com/contact ) that you might try............personally I would go with a phone call even if it is not toll free (but that depends on just how much you really want to get your computer unbanned.....a few dollars in long distance costs might not be a bad idea).

Linden Lab is required by both California and US Federal law to protect minors from any inappropriate content.  Even if they have no control over how the minor might have gained access to Second Life.  The safest, and probably most appropriate, way to do that is to shut off access to SL for the computer used.  Your problem is convincing LL that it was, in fact, not you and that you are not the minor who accessed SL from the computer (not to mention that you have taken measures that your minor sister cannot do it again).  That might be a difficult thing to do.  LL is not going to take a chance of an major law suit or ciriminal indictment on anyones' say so.  You just might find that you won't be able to get this undone without major expense on your part.

And I have to say this.  I'm wondering just how did your 10 year old sister gain access to your account to "play"?  You have a password that is required for a log in.  If you have a 10 year old sister in your household and she has access to your computer you (yes, you) are the one responisible for neglecting to prevent your sister from using your account.  You might have the option to "Remember me" checked for your log in.............not a good thing to do in the best of circumstances but that is a really inresponsible thing to do with a minor who has access to your computer in the house.  You, as an adult, are required to do your part to protect minors who can use your computer.  It's for those reasons I think you have a very steep climb to get your computer unbanned.  And, honestly, I will say I agree with LL's stance on thise.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.