I need help again

Sunnydee2012

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just switched linden homes and I'm having a problem finding my house.  I received a email with the location but the problem is I can't seem to get to the location via sl website.  So when I click on go to your home then teleport now I keep getting a message on the opening page saying ieframe.dll-The webpage cannot be displayed.  Is there a way I can tp from in-world and if so how and what steps do  take when I go in world to my avatar?  Thank you for your help.

2 answers to this question

Ah... You shouldn't be trying to get there from a web site.  If you want to log in at your home, then you have to tell your viewer where your home is first.  So....

1.  Find the map location of your home.  It should be in the e-mail that Linden Lab sent you, confirming that you have a home.  If you lost the e-mail, go to your dashboard at secondlife.com and navigate to Land Manager >> My Mainland.  Your home's map location will be there.

2.  Log in to Second Life, using your viewer (NOT a web site).

3. Open your Map view (this little icon at the bottom of your screen that looks like a map).

4. Enter the name of the sim where your home is, and the three numerical coordinates that say where the house is on that sim.  Click Teleport.

5. You should now be at your house, so go inside.

6.  Look at the top of your screen and select World >> Set Home Location Here.  NOW your viewer knows where your home is, so any time you click the little house icon at the top of your screen, you'll go there.  Also, if you tell your viewer on login to log you in at Home, that's where you'll be.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.