Invisible mesh -- what's the deal?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This isn't actually a technical question -- at least I don't think it is.

I have noted (especially of late and today was especially bad) that some very simple meshes just don't show up. Not the clear your cache so you can see them thing as when I click on an invisible to me mesh object it readily appears. I am wondering if anyone knows the WHY of this. Other more complex parts of the build show up just fine which seems very odd to me. I would think it would be the other way around.

Some sims have been running VERY VERY VERY slowly today (mainland) so suspect part of that is the server update. Still, it wasn't just today and I'd like to be a bit smarter on the subject, you very techie folks out there.

Thanks.

The mesh (several different ones) show up in SL often perfectly, but sometimes they just don't LOAD (or that is how it seems) while more complex meshes right next to them show up fine. Usually they are fairly simple cube structures. Nothing fancy, no faces made even.

Not a flipped normals thing. I know what that looks like and the object wouldn't look perfect once you clicked on it. This use to happen in the REALMS a LOT. Now they have a whole set of other problems going on -- sections of sims appearing where they shouldn't and such.

So more ideas welcome. I am off to bed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.