I know its simple but...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Sure.  Just edit your shape as needed, then 'save as' and name it something difffernt.  Move the shape from your body parts folder to the folder for the outfit so you can wear it all at one time. 

Thank you times a million!!! Now to do this with out messing up lol..

Be sure to first make a copy of the original shape. ;)

I have a bunch of shapes, my main sets are:

Dresses - Tall: Made my derierre smaller to not get the "SL dresses make my butt look big" syndrome.

Pants - Tall: Legs positioned more straight up and down, mainly to fit into high boots better

Dresses - Short: In case a shorter male avatar asks me to dance. (Wish I could have done this RL in Jr. High...lol.  I was the tall girl in the glass with boys who hadn't hit their growth spurt yet.)

Pants - Short: Same as above

Then I have several shapes specifically for certain outfits, which is where your situation would fit in.  I name the shape with some designation of what outfit it fits *and* put a copy of it in that outfit folder.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

So I make the copy abd wear the copy. then I chamge the shape...how do I rename it. Sorry never done this before.

*Make a copy of the original shape (I'm assuming it has copy permissions :) ) - to do this click on the shape icon and select Copy.  In the same folder (or wherever your shape is stored) click on the folder and select Paste.  You should now have two identical shapes in inventory.

*Put the original shape in a folder to store it.  You might want to rename the original shape something like *My Shape - Master*  Just something so you know what it is.

*Name your copy of the shape something to remind you what it is like *My Shape - Mesh*

TIP:  Something I do when I make a copy of my shape is to give it a new name and date it.  I have shapes dating back to 2009.  I go through them once in awhile to see if they are still needed or if I can just delete it if I have made a better shape since then.  So the name might be *My Shape - Mesh 01/15/13*

*Wear your copy of the shape and go into Edit - Appearance mode.  From there, it's a matter of adjusting the sliders for what you need/want.

*When you have a shape you are happy with, click Save. (I'm not in world and the Appearance menu can be confusing sometimes.)  You now have a new shape, modified from the original, for certain outfits.

Hope this helps. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.