SCRIPTING ?

Rippa Hugo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone know a script when clicked on a created object it will give me a menu to change hover text (floating text) above it? i be happy to buy one or pay someone to create one ... so i create object throw the script in.. and when i touch the objecti t will give me a menu to change the text... i have a basic hover text script but it just takes long to go in every prim and change them from the script.... would appreciate any help or replies... thanks

// Textbox2Hovertext.LSL by Ackley Bing . January 2013// A simple script to allow object owners to change the "hovertext"// on their prims using a text entry box (llTextBox). default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        if(llDetectedKey(0)==llGetOwner())        {            llSetTimerEvent(60.0); // Time to input text until script closes listener in case owner doesnt enter anything into textbox            llListenRemove(1);            llListen(-12345, "", llGetOwner(), "");            llTextBox( llGetOwner(), "Set Hovertext", -12345);        }    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        llSetText(message, <1.0,1.0,1.0>, 1.0);        llListenRemove(1);        llSetTimerEvent(0.0);    }    timer()    {        llListenRemove(1);        llSetTimerEvent(0.0);    }}

Updated: Sorry i pasted the wrong version the first time :) LOL

• 11 months later...

Hello and thanks for this good script. 

I tryed it and it work great but here in my case I have a big problem with this script: only I can click on the object to get a menu to chenge hovering text... how can i make it work that everybody who touch a razzed object can get a menu and changing the hovering text. 

Please help me.. really need it.

Bye Necr!

touch_start(integer num)    {        if(llDetectedKey(0)==llGetOwner())        {            llSetTimerEvent(60.0); // Time to input text until script closes listener in case owner doesnt enter anything into textbox            llListenRemove(1);            llListen(-12345, "", llGetOwner(), "");            llTextBox( llGetOwner(), "Set Hovertext", -12345);        }    }}

Inside this code segment (copied directly from the element above), remove the line:-

if(llDetectedKey(0)==llGetOwner())

along with its associated parentheses { and }

The script will then not check to see if the Detected Key == (is equal to) the owner of the prim.

I removed the segment that you mentioned but still it dont work good: now everybody can touch the object but when somebody click on the object menu appear to owner and not at who touching the object.... so this script still dont let everybody to touch the object and get a menu to set hovering text :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.