Is it possible to report a Linden Lab Support person?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have had an ongoing Support case regarding an old account. The person that was dealing with my case has refused to accept any form of documentation or details I have provided and instead just copied/pasted a non-applicable answer repeatedly. In addition he/she has closed the ticket repeated when I have re-opened it to request a different Support person look at the case as any other ticket opened is automatically closed as a duplicate of that one. Is it possible to report a Support person, and to request a different person, or are those days long gone in SL?

They are a law unto themselves. I once had a problem when an AR team person issued a warning to me, which made me stop doing something I was doing. S/he was wrong, and I appealed it. The appeal was closed without comment, possibly by the same person. I only got anywhere when I wrote the full story to their boss. Then is was sorted out very quickly. Unfortunately, that's the AR team and not a support person, but some of the LL staff are a law unto themselves, and have no concern whatsoever for paying customers. However, if you are not a paying customer, then they don't have an obligation to sort things out for you.

Answering both replies. Yes I have a Premium account. In brief the account in question was an account from early 2005 that got caught up in the password nightmare in 2007 when Linden Lab was compromised and reset everyone's password. Like many others I used a throwaway name and email address, so could not reset at the time. Recently I was having discussions with another old-timer who had done the same but had been able to get her account back by answering a bunch of questions about the account, and sending in some logs she had kept from before the password was changed. She said I should be able to do the same thing. Instead I get a copy/pasta about how to create an account. *rolls eyes*

Hellishly Gothly wrote:

Answering both replies. Yes I have a Premium account. In brief the account in question was an account from early 2005 that got caught up in the password nightmare in 2007 when Linden Lab was compromised and reset everyone's password. Like many others I used a throwaway name and email address, so could not reset at the time. Recently I was having discussions with another old-timer who had done the same but had been able to get her account back by answering a bunch of questions about the account, and sending in some logs she had kept from before the password was changed. She said I should be able to do the same thing. Instead I get a copy/pasta about how to create an account. *rolls eyes*

i just want to poke customer support people who not actual get why you want to do this. reactivate a legacy named account

You may want to speak to someone in live chat about the situation to see if they can explain what the problem is (aside from poor support from a specific person) or put you in touch with a specific linden in support that can help you.

Failing that, perhaps a letter to the CEO would get some action.

I suspect that the problem may be that you used a throw away name rather than your RL name, so you have no way to submit any RL ID to prove you are the person who created the account.  If that is the problem and they won't waive that, then there really isn't anything you can do as you are supposed to give your RL name when you register.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.