Deeding Items Question

Starrah Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Right now, my land and everything on it is deeded to a group called "Innacare Management Group".

I want to make a new group, called "Innacare Wellness Center" and would like the land, and everything on it to be deeded to that instead of "Innacare Management Group". If I re-deed it, will everything that is built on it dissapear?

How can I do it, so it doesn't?

I have had varying experiences with things deeded to a group.  If you change the land deed and have autoreturn on, objects deeded to the other group will be returned, but I don't know to whom.   I don't know that you can change the deed status for the land.  You can if it is a private sim, but otherwise, I am not sure if you are on the mainland.  I suggest you think through the possibilities tht would let you leave the land and objects deeded to the current group.  Any attempt to change to deeding carries potential problems that cannot ne undone.

TKR

For future reference, never deed things to a group except for things such as radios and tv's.  You can set them to group and group member can have access to them if you give them the right authorities in their group role.  For access to menues etc.try to get items that allow the owner to set the access to the controls to group.

This way you can always reset them to a different group and if they are returned from the land they will come back to you.

If you redeed the land to the new group then autoreturn will be turned off automatically.  When you turn autoreturn back on however everything not set to the new group will return to the lost and found folders of the owner(s) So if you want that turned on then you should do it like this:

1. Turn off autoreturn

2. Deed the land to the new group

3. Set all items on the land to the new group

4. Turn autoreturn back on

Deeded items that are non-transfer are deleted by the system if they return from the parcel to lost and found. If you make a mistake in changing the land groups this can happen. So be careful.

I *think* that if you try to take group and buy it with another group, the items don't go anywhere. So fix the items first. Do you really need them all deeded? Deeded items have problems often.

The answer for "to whom" is supplied by Second Life: no one, and therefore *delete*. This is the right answer to give to communized property, you know?

The exception is if the item is on transfer. Then it is supposed to go back to its original owner who deeded the item. In practice, this doesn't always seem to happen.

Don't pose the server questions it cannot answer or it deletes...

Prokofy Neva wrote:

The answer for "to whom" is supplied by Second Life: no one, and therefore *delete*. This is the right answer to give to communized property, you know?

The exception is if the item is on transfer. Then it is supposed to go back to its original owner who deeded the item. In practice, this doesn't always seem to happen.

Don't pose the server questions it cannot answer or it deletes...

That's not true, if I own a object and and set it to a group I will still be the owner. I just checked it, I had three different objects, one transefer, one copy/mod and one full perm and I deeded them to a group that didn't own the land they were on. All three of them were returned to my lost and found folder by autoreturn.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.