LadyArwen Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The same thing has been happening to me for the past 2 days. No matter how long I leave my avatar inworld, it remains a cloud. I did render at one point yesterday but without all my clothes and hair etc.  I cleared my cache but that didn't change anything.

Can anyone help?

That's a communication problem between your computer and SL's servers. The solutions listed on the web page that iCade provided in her answer work almost all the time, but you may have to try several of them, starting at the TOP of the list before you find one that works for you today.  If you have to get all the way to the bottom of the list before you find something that works, you have more than a temporary problem.

You may find that the bake fail problem comes back repeatedly, even after you fix it with one of the suggestions on that wiki page. In fact, if you have not had any luck with a character test --- one of the FINAL things you should try, not one of the first ones --- then you have a chronically weak Internet connection. There are many steps to take for repairing it. Perhaps the simplest ones -- ones that work best for most people -- are: (1) Don't Use WIRELESS. Wireless connections are inherently less stable than direct cable connections and are more vulnerable to interference. Then, (2) Reboot your router. Unplug it from the power for a few minutes to let it clear its RAM. Then plug it back in and let it get a fresh hold on an IP address.

• Like 1

Patience,=cloud is loading display,

when non shifting after long wait, have found their been a shape or hair issue (attachment),edit avatar shape and address,(myself i been able to see where avatar has somehow got stuck in server memory and certain shapes ,hairs are shown which inconsistant with how is dressed so far have given sl problems.

basically means them found "glued" pieces should be avoided in future 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.