problem in SIM rental agrrement with a landlord

gokhanh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

i want to ask a question,

a week ago i rented a whole sim from a landlord..and then today i get a warning from him something like this..it was a gorean sim..since i pay the tier can he terminate the rental aggrement?Can a rentel cancelled other then a reason of not paying tier??

Since my Sunday deadline for Rules to be completed has expired, you leave me no choice but to send you this:

I have instructed Respi not to accept any further rent until two things have been done by you:
 1) Sim rules have been posted and distributed to all citizens.
 2) An executed Rental Agreement is received.

The agreement was sent to you on Dec 10
Rules have been needed since Dec 15

If this not completed before Jan 28, I consider our "unexecuted agreement" to be Terminated.

You are bound by the terms of lease from any resident you rent from. It is up to you to read and know the terms before and after renting. If you fail to pay attention to these terms they can and will terminate the agreement. Looks like You are being given time and  warnings before termination which means they are working as best they can with you and you are not completing the terms...

If they sent you the " terms" then you better get on it immediately before you lose your money. YES you entered a legal and binding contract when you payed for the rental. Once you pay. You have accepted the terms and the terms should be pretty clear... If you did not agreee with the terms, then you should never make payment

I do not know what they sent you. But if you ignore it. You will lose

What you receive for your rent:
1) Unlimited use, management and RP control of the xxxxxxxx  sim and its contents.
2) Any monies you may receive from sub rental of houses or spaces herein is yours
3) Permission to construct and place one (and one only) skybox for your personal use.
4) Permission to construct and place a market skybox.
5) Our complete and unwavering support of you while under contract - regardless of RP events, personal conflicts that may occur.
6) Our best efforts to drive traffic to xxxxxxx
7) Our best efforts to help you succeed.

if u look number one they say i reacive unlimited use and managment ..and they sent me that waring after a week ..and still i cant have estate right os sim..

that only says what you recieve.

That is not a terms of service agreement.  You, should have read the agreemtn before renting. Not the  " what you get"

Asking you to Complete the 2 is in no way limiting your use...If they sent you the terms on the 10th and you have failed to meet them in a timely maner then you are at fault... And they probably wont give you estate rights untill you complete them

I can not say for sure wehat the issue is. But it seems like you are just thinking you have unlimted use and do not have to obey a terms of service

Linden Lab shows you what you get on the main page also.. But you also have to read their terms and obey them as well. Don't pay for something unless you are absolutely clear that you can meet the terms of agreement.

The sim owner has the responsibility that all LL TOS rules are followed because they need to protect their investment. Therefore if they notice anything high risk going on on their sim (yes even if you are renting the sim is still theirs) they may ask you to post your sim rules, warnings, etc where all your visitors will see them. Sounds like that is what they are asking you to do and it is really not much to ask. Last thing they want is to have one of their sims shut down by LL because a tenant did not have any common sense.

While not good business ethics, my understanding of renting in SL is that a landlord can evict a tenant for no reason whatsoever, thus the general caveat of buyer (renter) beware.  I used to see posts on the forums re: unscrupulous landlords that would sell (really rent) an estate sim or a parcel within it, get the money and the next day send all objects back to the former tenant, ban him, rinse/repeat.

This does not sound at all like what your landlord is doing.  I agree with other posters that what is being asked of you, especially given the nature of your sim/rp, is not only reasonable but the norm for other similar role play areas.  Just wanted to mention that a landlord "can" do something, TOS or not; just isn't in his best interest to do so if he wants to stick around SL in the same business.

(If I'm in error on this, I welcome correction. :) )

Edit: grammar

From reading the note from the Landlord he/she clearly will let it go till the 28th of january. Thats giving you darn near 2 months to comply, thus letting most of your rent time run out.. (Not Unfair at all) ( not sure how long you payed for of course)

I do not see anything unreasonable the landlord is doing...

And the fact that there is this

6) Our best efforts to drive traffic to xxxxxxx
7) Our best efforts to help you succeed.

How many landlords will offer this? I beleive this is the reason they want your rules set up immediately . Because if they advertise and  work their groups to send traffic to you, they dont want their people being sent there to be unware of any rules and have a bad experience.. I think the OP needs to sit down and get er done :)

And for future . Read the terms before you rent.....

Not sure how I replied to my self lol Gotta love the bugs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.