Can i export my avatar to another virtual world? if so How please ty

CapnJac Blazer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm Looking for info on copying my Avatar to another realm, Still leaving it in SL just want another lol. I already have the same Name just wanted a Body lol:matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Many thanks to all who have answered.

And i am aware of Copy/Trans rules and regs:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

4 answers to this question

Hello,

you can export and re-import the avatar shape, some third-party viewers have an option for that.

I know that Cool VL viewer has an option for that (at the bottom of the appearance menu), I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know if it actually works.

And third party viewers also have an option to export and import prim shapes to/from xml. But you can only do that with full-perm items, and you cannot export textures.

So everything you imported will have to be retextured.

Please note that you only have the rights to export and re-import things that you own (created yourself), otherwise you would violate the Terms of Service.

• Like 1

I spent almost a year on another grid and I had the exact same name, avatar, and quite a lot of the exact same clothing.  I didn't "export" any of that from SL, nor did I import any of that.  I got the same name because it was available when I signed up to the grid.  The rest I simply uploaded the skin I made and the clothes I made.  I made my shape years ago and have all the numbers recorded in a notebook..........I just duplicated that shape in that other grid.  There was no copyright infringement since I was the creator of everything.

You can try some of those copy things (that are iffy about being completely legal) and probably be very disapointed..especially if you wind up getting a take down order issued against some or all that stuff.  Or you can create your own like I did.....be the same in both worlds.

By the way, that grid has since gone the way of most of the SL clones...............it bellied up a year or so ago.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.