How do I report a possible underage user?

Agnetha Freschi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there I was wondering how I would go about reporting a possible under age User, I was approached by a child/young teen avatar , I  told him although I had nothing against people playing children here what I did not like was children avatars acting adult (sexually) he then told me he was not acting , I said should he not be on the child friendly grid he said that it no longer exists , Any help on this would be great thanks . :-) 

Have since filed a report to LL ......

2 answers to this question

The proper action any time you witness a possible TOS violation is to submit an Abuse Report. It's best to do at the time you witness the violation instead of waiting until later.  Take a photo that shows the person you're complaining about -- preferably showing the user interface,so that name tags, the sim location, and other information are in the photo.  Include as much information as you can, but don't speculate or moralize.  "Just the facts, ma'am."  It's Linden Lab's job to investigate and determine whether a TOS violation really has occurred and then apply an appropriate sanction.

• Like 2

I think you need to be clear (and, to be frank, I'm a bit confused about the precise nature of your complaint) about whether you think the person operating the avatar is underage or whether you are complaining about an avatar that appears to represent a child or young teen engaging in inappropriate behaviour, whatever the age of the person operating the avatar.

As you may (or may not) know, the teen grid was abolished a couple of years ago and 16-18 year olds are now allowed on the main grid, in G-rated land only.   But obviously they have to behave appropriately for G-rated land when they are there.

That's a quite separate issue from people with avatars that represent children attempting to engage in sexual age-play, which is also very much against the rules.    

I'm just not clear which of the two rules you think the person was breaking (or maybe he or she was breaking both).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.