Differences at Aditi and Agni

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I guess I should have known this was going too smoothly (well whatever).

sandbox.jpg

Finished my casita over at Aditi. 17ish land impact. Happy gal. Everything working fine. I uploaded the patio walls again this morning to test a texture change. Made a physics.dae for the walls. All good. When I uploaded to Agni (same files, same choices) I needed to change the walls to prim in order to walk inside the walls.

I DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS AT ADITI (Mesh 3).

sandbox2.jpg

To make sure this wasn't my imagination I did a few more tests. The white walls are a new upload just now at noon. As a convex hull they are 2 LI. I can walk inside the walls and THROUGH the walls, but the "sticks" are not phantom and so act as a barrier. I can live with that. I could even attach a cube(object) to them when uploading to make that workaround better.

So -- any ideas why the difference? I tried a couple of sims on Agni with the same results.

When I uploaded them I scaled to .5, did NOT change to solid. Did NOT analyze. Same exact method on Agni. When I tried other methods I was no better off.

I really don't want those walls to be 11 LI. So advice or options would be appreciated.

EDIT: while I was away making hummus :D I realized that I could most likely turn the solid wall part to "none" and then let the stick be the physical barrier. This, I think (still new here) would work. BUT, I am still wondering why things were one way at Aditi and another at Agni. It could certainly be a change in code as the other day SIZES were WAY off and things that were people sized came out in "petite" mode. So still would like to hear some thoughts on this. Physics and I are still not best buds.

End of day edit. Well as we all suspected it apparently was the Aditi server :D.  I really wanted a better answer than that *wink*.    Later in the day ONE of the two patios there was no longer walkable and eventually (who knows why) they both became that way. But the phantom (none) and "inner wall barrier" worked swimmingly and the complete wall with sticks came in at 4 LI with a very god LOD. So happy about all that. It was an adventure and I am definitely smarter.

I spent some time the last few days working with a simple mesh building model, trying different ideas for the physics.  Several times, I found I could walk right through walls that should have been solid.  The wals showed up exactly as I expected using develop> render metadata>physics shape.  The last two times it happended, I logged out with the modle rezzed, and then logged in immediatly.  In both cases the walls were working as expected when I relogged. 

If you are just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, as I am, this can be *very* confusing.  

On the plus side, I've gotten pretty comfortable seeing whats going on by rendering the phyics shapes.  Not as satisfying as walking up the stairs, but now I can be pretty confident that the model will behave as I want when I bring it to the main grid.

ADITI is an odd place at times. Plus bugs in both ADITI and AGNI can make it confusing.

ADITI is the QA grid and the Lindens are constantly changing things and running Beta server code. I cover the changes the Lindens tell us about in my blog. That may help you understand what is happen there and what to expect where in ADITI.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.