How diffuse quickly plenty of free professional skin, shape and eyes ?

Mitsuko Kytori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am a professional designer, after I finish by understand how the system here choking all small shop ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Marketplace-how-subscription-work/td-p/1774547 )

I decide to launch all my products for avatar for free, i mean really 0 l$. I have in stock more of one hundred of skin, more than 30 shapes and more than hundreds eyes. I am the inventor of sculpty eyes in addition and create all mesh eyes too.

All for free.

So if anybody can bring me information for a quick and massive diffusion I take it with pleasure,

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kinds Regards,

Mitsuko

Mitsuko Kytori wrote:

So if anybody can bring me information for a quick and massive diffusion I take it with pleasure,

Popcorn. Lots and lots of popcorn.

But no, mostly you'll need considerably more content in order to 'flood' the market. There's many, many sets of 'free' skins/shapes/etc that have made their way into most new users inventories - most originated from Copybot or other creators leaving - the end result is that all the free skins, shapes, etc are seen as 'nooby' (as an example, consider the Redgrave 'Michael' skin). They're the second-lowest level in the market (just above starter avatars), the sort that most helpful Second Life users will say 'get a new skin', to anyone seen wearing them.

Personally, I'd aim higher with the time I spend on my work.

there are upwards of 1,000,000 freebies in SL. most of them dumped in SL when a designer quits and leaves

your 100 or 200 is not going to make any difference to SL, linden, us or you

+

but if you do want to dump them into the pool then the fastest way is to set them to all perms and put in a box

then give the box to every freebie shop owner you can find in People search inworld

they will put in their freebie shops

+

or can list on the market place for a good price. say 100L for your trees. 200L for the skins. 20L for the eyes. and forget about them

once or twice a year log in to your account and cash the L$ for US$. you will be surprised at how much you will get this way. think of it as free money and buy yourself something in RL as a present. or a gift for a RL friend

At this time I sell skin at 949 ls with one eyes objects and  899 ls without eyes.

I can say and customers too my skin are up to date, but visibly LL dislike small shops, okay, no problem. But little shop doesn't mean little skill design, so I prefer spend time and money to sell for nothing and try to break  the system.

I like too much my trees to sell it for nothing '_' and my mesh trees are sell outside of second life in addition.

I am agree about the fact there are many freebies, but it is not my goal , my goal is to act exactly as other skin shop and sell exactly with the same marketing way, but with price at  0 l$ '_'

So I just need to learn how other make marketing but in parallel I wish know how diffuse the products quickly, just that

Every shop on the market has the same chance of selling as others. Sure you might not buy the ads and promotions from linden on th emarket website, but it doesn't mean good items won't sell. My shop on the market does find, I have only five items in there and I sell at least one to two a week. Of course, the higher quality you offer, the better prices, and the more quantity you have to offer does increase your chances of selling. Though all in all if you advertise well it doesn't matter if there is a big shop you have to compete with.

In fact, I spend many l$ in ads from ,Linden Lab. But there bugs or that's doesn't works.

I write 8 times to service by email, open two tickets.

Waste of time with support, and money for ads. Support, there are a support ??? ^^ ha yes there are a textbox to write^^

I have or had more than 30 ads in marketplace, without any result ... and I finish to understand there are absolutly no luck to compete with shops have the favour or are in the good paper. It is a fact. 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Marketplace-how-subscription-work/td-p/1774547

What I'd recommend is that you take a limited number high-quality products and then get them placed at places like FabFree Station, Free Dove and other places that have a reputation for good freebies from quality merchants. Include information in your store and then sell the rest of your products at prices that will allow you to make some money but are substantially lower than the big names already out there. If you have in-world presence you also should participate in hunts, and try to interest bloggers in what you have to offer. If you "sell" everything for free you don't have a store, you have a charity. Charities are wonderful things but that doesn't sound like what you want your store to be.

The system of subscription have two faces

A face, the good face, for a category of vendor : sure in this case subscription works nice and without any bug I am sure. And if there are bug I am sure LL answer to the vendor

The other face is, the sad face, for the other vendors, the small or the new, and in this case for sure, no support, no ads works, and bug exist a lot.

A proof ?

too easy : 3 products with ads in progress : impression for last day : 89, 78, 94

Fine Necklace with nice detailed flowers all around, copy& modify on     Feature this item on the home page (L$899 every 7 days)     89 / 430 / 430     2 / 2 / 2     active
Free innovative sculpy eyes, I send fullperm on just ask, free eyes     Feature this item on the home page (L$899 every 7 days)     78 / 225 / 225     0 / 2 / 2     active
Free innovative sculpy eyes, I send fullperm on just ask, free eyes     Feature this item on the home page (L$899 every 7 days)     94 / 237 / 237     1 / 10 / 10     active

And now :  108 impressions but ads is expired !

One Prim TRUE Tree, True 3D Trunk, True Foliage, 2 Foliages and 3 Shapes, Special Winter Edition, Copy&Modify     
Feature this item on the home page (L$1,699 every 15 days)     108 / 1515 / 6707     0 / 6 / 36     active

expired since : December 08, 2012

One Prim TRUE Tree, True 3D Trunk, True Foliage, 2 Foliages and 3 Shapes, Special Winter Edition, Copy&Modify     Feature this item on the home page (L$1,699 every 15 days)     November 23, 2012     December 08, 2012     expiring     Edit

Thanks very much for your answer,I will contact this place quickly.

But for sure I will put all my products for free. I have not in mind to win money in second life, just the pleasure to have a shop in a fair system. I have a half full sim so I can dedicated many many prims for freebies for sure.

Mitsuko Kytori wrote: so I prefer spend time and money to sell for nothing and try to break  the system.

So you mad at LL because your to impatient to make a real marketing plan, so your next plane is to spend your time and $ trying to break the system by destroying your own business while helping LL out by giving free content to it's users, and renting half a sim to do so.

<0

Mitsuko Kytori wrote:

I like too much my trees to sell it for nothing '_' and my mesh trees are sell outside of second life in addition.

I am agree about the fact there are many freebies, but it is not my goal , my goal is to act exactly as other skin shop and sell exactly with the same marketing way, but with price at  0 l$ '_'

So I just need to learn how other make marketing but in parallel I wish know how diffuse the products quickly, just that

look inworld and on web for places like FABFREE, FREE DOVE, NIKITA FREEBIES, NOOB ISLAND, LONDON CITY, HYDE PARK, DUBLIN, WHITE TIGER, VIRTUAL ABILITY, AJUDA BRASIL to name some.  is 1000s of residents use their freebie services

also contact the group owners of every newbie Help and Mentor groups inworld you can find

and give them boxes of your stuff. full perms: Mod+Copy+Transfer

all of them are always appreciative of receiving quality free stuff that they can give to new residents to help them get started in SL

Mitsuko Kytori wrote:

Thanks very much for your answer,I will contact this place quickly.

But for sure I will put all my products for free. I have not in mind to win money in second life, just the pleasure to have a shop in a fair system. I have a half full sim so I can dedicated many many prims for freebies for sure.

Did you make them 100% yourself? Not from templates, or from subscription services for the base images? 

I ask that because that will impact what you can legally do with it.

If you made it 100% and you have no legal obligations or TOS obligations otherwise, then just set them to full perms and put them out or put htem on marketplace. As with past such in SL early days, soon they will be everywhere. Also soon, some people will put perms on them and try to sell them...

If these things are legal, then if you want, you can send a few samples to me, and I will put them under the tree at my land...or in the Santa house. I will put the perms on them you ask me to. Then people can get them for free. 

You can do the same with others; people who have a blog, or FabFree store, etc. But make sure they are legal and free for you to part with.

I apologize but it sounds a little bit too good to be true? Maybe not.

Mitsuko Kytori wrote:

If you have better idea, I take it with pleasure, sincerely

And I will be very happy if you can just show me an example of marketing can work here ? please

Especially via marketplace.

If you turn your half sim into a freebie store of legal things congratulations. That is something I wanted to do a long time ago but another project kept me busy when I was in SL. The concept was to have best quality, legal, free things that changed often. But then Fab Free did it and did a good job so it wasn't needed anyway by me, really. 

So then the only way I would've done it is if I could make it all myself. If this is really what you are doing, it's a great thing to do, and congratulations.

For marketing just send note cards and samples to people with popular blogs. Get on Plurk, twitter, etc., for SL feeds.

For the marketplace, use the right key words for each item. Put things in fat packs, so that people don't have to fill a cart just for one pair of pants. Instead, give them every color in one box, for the same pants. Etc. 

Use key words that describe each item and use the word free and the phrase top quality and best quality. The word legal would not hurt, either. :)

Even though your items are already free, you might wish to participate in a few 'hunts' a year. You can make something extra special for that.

Also you will get  a lot of misbehavior if you have a freebie sim so be ready for that too.

I went to your shop, nice trees.  On the maketplace sales = search placement.  If your trying to out sell some one who has been in business for several years longer then you have then, it's going to take time to move up in search placement.  Some products like trees people want to see in world before buying, so even if they find it on the makertplace they might buy it in world which doesn't help your search placement. One thing you could try is selling things on the marketplace with a discount and let people at your in world shop know that, then get involved with several hunts to get traffic to your in world store hoping that some of them will shop on the marketplace once they see your stuff. 

Your in world store has no classified add and is not listed in search, and there is no link to the marketplace in you profile.  Selling trees make great free advertising, a customer buys one set it up on their land and some one sees it and likes it, so clicks on it, opens the creators profile, and hopefully sees the link to both the in world and marketplace.

Calamari wrote:

Your in world store has no classified add and is not listed in search, and there is no link to the marketplace in you profile.  Selling trees make great free advertising, a customer buys one set it up on their land and some one sees it and likes it, so clicks on it, opens the creators profile, and hopefully sees the link to both the in world and marketplace.

this is really good advice

i buy my treehouse this way. i saw this tree inworld. and i thought thats a nice tree. so right-click like you say and look up the creator name. get their inworld shop off their profile and go there. was heaps of nice trees on display and i buy the treehouse

was same with the about 30 grass and flower bed sculpties i buy. saw them inworld at this island when i was exploring

Hello Calamari,

Perhaps, I make mistake, but : the link for marketplace is in my secondary picks about the shop.

The land is in search too. But, this day Linden Lab delete some of my products in marketplace because the products make ... spam !!!

I think the shop is perhaps in "blacklist" ? ...

I have tried to keep up with your posts here in the forum the last couple days.. I am not english so maybe I will misunderstand something, and if I do, I apoligise..

But what I read is that you are very unhappy with LL and markedplace, and because you are upset you will sell many skins and eyes for free... If I was upset and angry at LL I would not sell anything at all... so I do not understand it...

I think that LL will just be happy with more free items on markedplace, if it will do anything then it will give them more customers to come shop there and maybe buy other things while they are there..

I got a shop myself too and I make skins aswell as clothes and have done it here in SL for over 4 years now, and I have still not set up a shop on Markedplace. I will not do it before I am absolutly sure of my items, what to write, how to post them and show them off. (+ I am sick and not much online) But mostly because I believe it is a very slow process if we as designers wants to make a name here in SL if we want customers to come and buy our things. Its not something that can be done in one day, one week or even one year. Residents needs to learn to know our name as something good, and that takes time.. Do not rush it..

And you say that you did make ticket to LL but they did not respond in 8 hours so you closed it? I have made tickets and had to  wait a couple days before they respond, but they always do respond and is helpful when I am calm and nice towards them.. I never had issues with them.. But do not do it while you are upset.. being nice makes them being nice too.. The person you will talk to just do a job, they do not own LL or make the big desicons, they only work there, so you should try to make a new ticket, but be calm about it, dont be so upset (just an advice).. I do not see where the hurry in it is? Why rush it?

Maybe it is me that do not understand but being angry will not get you anywhere..

If it was me that was so angry with LL  then I would just take my designs to another world.. to me its that simple, but again... that is just me.. But good luck

Lis

Mitsuko Kytori wrote:

Hello Calamari,

Perhaps, I make mistake, but : the link for marketplace is in my secondary picks about the shop.

The land is in search too. But, this day Linden Lab delete some of my products in marketplace because the products make ... spam !!!

I think the shop is perhaps in "blacklist" ? ...

I see that link now, but the first one I see in your profile about is:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Marketplace-how-subscription-work/td-p/1774547

not really a good way at attract customers.  All so if your link is in your picks let people know that in your about section of your profile and make it visible so people don't have to scroll down to see it.

Looks like you fixed some of your listing you diffidently had some keyword Spam when I looked at them last night, mostly looked like you had a list of all the types of items you sell and not just the keywords for the individual items which is what you should have.

All so just noticed that your tree listings on the marketplace don't list the prim count or land impact, to me that just says that the creator is trying to hide a high count specially if it's mesh.  Look at the top selling trees and see what their prim count is.

I let my friend improve keywords.

About prims count '_' I can't list the prim because the trees are modify.

So the number of prims is variable. Contrary at usual, you can separate elements as branch trunck, foliage , sub trunk, sub foliage.

So the number of prims can be start to one and finish to 15000 if you wish ... I hide nothing, it is in the description.

Perhaps it is stupid of me to create product tree where the geometry can be alterate but it is my way. It is clear in the description, I can't make more to explain. That's offer opportunity to customer to recreate plenty of derived from the original model I sell ... I think it is an advantages, I can make a mistake but as I repeat it is my way and my professionnal user customer like this outside second life. And I am prood to offer this way here.

But as always and I say it sincerely I take all advise with pleasure

I get your point about the land impact count changing with mesh, and I do like my trees to be modifable, but knowing the land impact count is one of the first things I and many other people in SL look at.  I would recomend listing the base count of the tree as it is when delivered and then make a note about the count going up as you increase it's size and list the count at 1 or 2 larger sizes. 

What works in SL may be difffrent then what your use to in RL, the best way I can suggest to help you under stand land impact and how it effects customers is for you to get a small 512sqm lot of land with 117 prims, and do all of your building there, try to set up a home and a shop, of course you would be able to do all of that at one time in such a small space.  there are over 41,000 people in sl with linden homes who only have 117 prims or land impact to use.

http://gridsurvey.com/index.php

I was not speak about the fact number of prims increase or decrease depend of mesh size. Unhappily it is as this in second life.

But about the fact you can use many of trees I sell as base to create other or mix many trees in them.

So number of prims have no sens compare to classical sculpty tree for example.

I have a sculpty tree on 3 prims, for example, with shrub around, it takes 3 without shrub and 9 prims with.

I can indicate 3 prims perhaps yes. Your advise is very good.

About mesh trees it is really, it is my humble opinion a no sens. One day a customer bought one of them. I had sended him some examples. Trees take less than 10 prims to more than 50 prims in examples. It is why I launch the on prim true tree with this it is clear '_' but for other models it is very hard to announce how they cost.

And I am not open marketplace and land shop for money but just to show good nature object comes from my work outside second life. No more. If you know the time, the money spend and all the technology used to import fine tree with a true foliage with true 3D leafs you will "drop"  '_'  . Mo it is clear I will never win money here. It is not the goal. It is to share something. Naze I sell the trees, it is just to spend to much money with import cost, no more no less.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.