Land owners left

Violet Stuer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I asked that question already some time ago. I have half a sim as a neighbour and it is deserted. They do not answer any IMs. I would like to buy it and I would take "no" as an answer. But it seems that the land is abandoned and the Lindens take no step whatsoever to help me. How can I get an answer? It is the Dearham Annex in the sim of Dearham.

Find the owner of the land.

Go to:

https://my.secondlife.com/firstname.lastname

Of the land owner.
 Leaving lastname blank if they don't have one.

If a page with and error message comes up, file a support tickect to get the land sold. And maybe an AR to get it attention (AR govenor linden if it won't let you use the land owner's name).

But if a real profile comes up, its still a valid owner who's still paying their bills, and all you can do is hope they someday respond to you.

That message about the name being unavailable is a pretty good hint, but it's not definitive. Until a week or so ago, I thought it was, and on that basis I filed a support ticket asking for a parcel to be cleared. The very patient and responsive Linden who answered the ticket confirmed that indeed the name was coming up as unavailable, but the account was still active. A day or so later, the profile was back.

So I guess profiles can go on hiatus, much as map tiles. (Have you seen the Atoll map recently? Big slice missing right down the middle all the way through the Sansara continent.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.