Pathfinding

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone been able to get this to work on anything outside of giant, empty, flat spaces?

I've made a pathfinding vehicle that works great on my flat, empty parcel. I'm simply using llWanderWithin for testing.

But we soon as I take it to a much larger sim with more people/objects (and increased the wander within parameters), it either errors out with "FAILURE_NO_VALID_DESTINATION" spam or goes to the same two tiny little spaces (ignoring open spaces) and gets stuck, or does both together.

Use the pathfinding tools in the viewer to check if the sim has a good navmesh mapped out.

Otherwise an estate owner can come in and bake a quick (albeit unoptimised) navmesh, by setting everything as walkable. Or if your an estate owner yourself try to change the pathfinding linksets and slowly build up an optimised navmesh based only on where characters are absolutely necessary to go to.

Otherwise an estate owner can come in and bake a quick (albeit unoptimised) navmesh, by setting everything as walkable. Or if your an estate owner yourself try to change the pathfinding linksets and slowly build up an optimised navmesh based only on where characters are absolutely necessary to go to.

So no pathfinding for us mainlanders, huh?   :catsad:

Rufus Darkfold wrote:

So no pathfinding for us mainlanders, huh?   :catsad:

It's not so bad. If you have build rights on any parcel on the region, you can rebake. And, you can change pathfinding attributes for your objects, and others you've been gioven rights to mod. So, if it's your slice of mainland, you can still do plenty.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.