Firestorm suddenly crashes!

zigazav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, I know somebody else has asked this question inthe answers place, but the answer there is not the problem's source! I've played SL today on Firestorm viewer, and suddenly, it keeps crashing! I tried a clean install, but that didn't fix the problem! I don't have any viruses or anything like that, and yet it keeps crashing! It was like this on my old computer too! The thing works fine for some days, thern one day, it sudden keeps crashing! I've even removed some programs from my computer and Firestorm STILL crashes! I don't know what to do! It may be registry errors, but I can't clean them all! I can never find a free registry error cleaner that cleans all, on the net! Can somebody help me fix Firestorm?

Uh, I can't stay logged into the viewer. Which means the Phoenix Firestorm support group in SL can't help me, no duh. Sorry for being rude, I I think there was no point of telling me that answer if you mean SL group that of Firestorm in-world. Sorry. Gomenasai. I think that's how you spell the Japanese apology word  with english letters anyways.

Ask professor.merryman 

He has taught classes on Firestorm and may know about the problem.  You can send him a message in MySL.

Other options:

Try the standard SL viewer or Phoenix or some other Third party viewer

See these articles: 

Does your SL run slow,  show grey people, crash easily, make you a cloud? 2012

Login fails? Lots of logouts?

TKR

I've had the same issue for the past few days, not with Firestorm though. I get thrown to the desktop without any warning, sometimes I see a "logging out bar" on screen very briefly. It's not all the time, but often enough to be annoying and I haven't had these issues before. It could be something server related, since everything looks healthy at my end. Computer specs, drivers, bandwidth, ping, packet loss, everything looks just fine. I even wired my connection to the router recently.

Did you try a different viewer? You say Firestorm crashes, but if other viewers crash too, it's obviously not a viewer issue.

Did you reset your modem?

Do you monitor memory use with the task manager? If SL goes over 2GB it will crash from what I understand.

A good registry cleaner isn't all that expensive btw.

A free one that I found pretty decent in the past is Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

zigazav wrote:

Uh, I can't stay logged into the viewer. Which means the Phoenix Firestorm support group in SL can't help me,
no duh
. Sorry for being rude, I I think there was no point of telling me that answer if you mean SL group that of Firestorm in-world. Sorry. Gomenasai. I think that's how you spell the Japanese apology word  with english letters anyways.

Uh, you log in with the SL viewer or some other one and join the group. Duh.

Which I assume you can do since you say Firestorm suddenly crashes, not all viewers suddenly crash.

I am always floored when someone asks a question, is given helpful information, and then attacks the helper! 

@Eveveryone: I only said Firestorm, because that's the viewer I use. And I've tried the official viewer, and it's even worse! No loading of anything that belongs to me, I just stay as a white egg-shaped thing, not loaded of my avatar! Luckily, without you guys' help, I found a great free Registry cleaner! After cleaning my computer's registry, I tried Firestorm, still got kicked-off! So I tried many things. On the morning of the next day, I fixed it! It seems to crash whenever I have the "Shadow the Hedgehog + mod" avatar's HUD on! Strange, huh?..... I had both of the Shadow Android's HUDs on at one of those times the Shadow +Mod's HUD was on also. I think it's just my computer cannot handle the Shadow HUD. Either that, or my internet connection (Belkin Wifi) cannot handle such a powerful HUD! Heh, maybe I shoul write a Fanfiction of my Shadow Android! But that's off topic, sorry....

zigazav wrote:

OK, I know somebody else has asked this question inthe answers place, but the answer there is not the problem's source! I've played SL today on Firestorm viewer, and suddenly, it keeps crashing! I tried a clean install, but that didn't fix the problem! I don't have any viruses or anything like that, and yet it keeps crashing! It was like this on my old computer too! The thing works fine for some days, thern one day, it sudden keeps crashing! I've even removed some programs from my computer and Firestorm STILL crashes! I don't know what to do! It may be registry errors, but I can't clean them all! I can never find a free registry error cleaner that cleans all, on the net! Can somebody help me fix Firestorm?

If you have crash, or friends, follow this instructions, i follows this, and i dont have more crash

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/How-to-fix-memory-leak-crashes/td-p/1689161

• 2 weeks later...

zigazav wrote:

@Everyone: Firestorm was working yesterday, but is now logging me out of SL in world AGAIN each time I try to log in! I defragged my computer (Using Advanced System Care 6.0), but that did NOT work! Please help!

Is it "logging you out,"  or are you crashing?

Are you getting an error message and if so EXACTLY what is the message?

It's not exactly crashing, I get no crash log window, but it puts the common "You have been logged-out of Second Life" message while still in the Second Life window, without closing itself out! please help! I dunno what's the problem. I uninstalled Skydrive a long time ago, I haven't installed anything recently since last night, and everything else works fine EXCEPT Second Life! Please help!

• 3 years later...

My firestorm was working this morning then I double click it to log on again and it crashes every time.

This is how I fixed it.

I went to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming and deleted the Firestorm_x64 folder

Then I went to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow and deleted the Firestorm folder also

Then I went to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local and deleted FirestormOS_x64 folder as well

Then I opened up Firestorm again and it worked without crashing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.