Are breedable animals lagging out the grid?

Kei Niosaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Over the past year iv had many family an friends having to move to a new sim a lot to escape lag. we move to a place everything is fine for like a months or so , then get people moving on the sim an they have a lot of horeses an meerrros an whatever other animals are out there an we start to notice lots of lag , have trouble moving around, rezing. chat lag. Peopel that have the animals  say they casue no lag but if thast true then why it everytime they move onto a sim with them the place gets laggy ? now the sim im on that i happen to liek being on i just got a new neigbor wth 30 horses. 28 fenux an i already noticing lag.  Anone else having this issue an always runing away from the  sims loaded with breedable animals ?

2 answers to this question

I imagine that it depends on the breedable animal.  I have neighbors with quite a number of them and there's no measureable effect at all.  Large animals that are moving around should theoretically create more work for the sim's physics engine and create lag that way, and if they are temp rezzing things frequently, that will slow the sim down a bit.  Private sim owners can restrict the number of breedables in their convenant, and I am told that at least some owners do that.  That's not possible on the mainland, of course.

BTW, there's no way that breeedable are going to cause chat lag.  They aren't communicating on the public chat channel, of they are communicating at all.

There are many factors that cause lag, most of them client side, among these are, bad internet connection, poor hardware (like mine so I know), to blame lag issues solely on the breedable animals is also silly in my opinion. The fact of the matter is, that when I used better hardware than I have now I barely ever had lag even when I lived on a breedable farm sim. But sure I won't deny that they do cause some lag but most of the time the type of lag that is most noticeable is that coming from poor hardware and bad internet connections.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.