New Home Usage

YvonneK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1.  My new home is missing the fireplace.

2. The house looks like it is capable of a second floor. What do I need to do to add the second floor???

3. How do I toggle the in and outside lights?

4. Is there a way to launch (rez) a yacht and sail in the Lnden Sea???

5. How do I issue permission for another person to unlock and have access/utilize the house?

2 answers to this question

I assume that you are talking about a Linden Home.

1.  Not all Linden Homes have fireplaces.  If yours was supposed to, but it is no there or not functioning, contact Live Chat during working hours or file a support ticket.

2. You are not allowed to modify the structure of a Linden Home in any way.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103#Section_.4.3 .

3. Accessory controls provide control over things such as lighting and doors.  The accessory controls vary between home models; for example: 

• Exterior Lighting - Toggle your exterior lighting.
  • Interior Lighting - Toggle your built-in lighting.
  • Door Locks - Lock your door so that only you (the owner) can click on it to open.
  • Fireplace - Toggle your fireplace flames.

4.  Yes!  There is a vigorous sailing community in SL. Read all about it here >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sailing_in_Second_Life .

5.  Linden Home parcels work just like any other parcel of land in that regard; who can rez objects on your land depends on the About Land settings.  See Managing land for more information.  Basically, you need to create a new group, invite your friend to be a member, set your Linden Home to the group, and then use About Land >> Options to allow group members to rez objects and bring objects into your home.

Regarding #4, sailing...

I maintain a public rez zone at the yacht docks in the Masocado region.  And you can rez your boat from the docks of the Tradewinds Yacht Club in the Dex region.  Also, you will find that a parcel in the northwest corner of each of the Blake Sea regions is enabled for rezzing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.