2 Questions...

SLtesterL2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a very good internet connection on my laptop and people say thats what effects the speed of rezzing objects and images so I don't know whats wrong and why does it seem at times my avatar is barely walking at all I have a good computer and it meets all the requirements that SL asks for so whats wrong? Thank you! :matte-motes-smile:

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... Provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

---

Your connection speed is not the primary control over rez speed. Your cache size and the amount of video ram have major influence on rez speed. The connection speed has its maximum influence on control lag. If your key presses and mouse clicks seem sluggish, that is likely a connection speed problem. Look in  the article linked to below to learn how to check your SL connection... and your SL connection is difference form what you may find on SpeedTest.net or another testing web site.

Also, your viewer version has a BIG influence on rez speed. The Production viewer 3.4.1 does not have the new HTTP protocol in use for textures. I think only the Beta and Development viewers have that new code. Those of us using it have found item rezzing much faster.

Also, depending on how you determined the quality of your connection, may make all the difference. Read: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. Use those test to determine if your connection is strong or weak.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.