Marketplace purchases

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Delivery is a hit&miss-experience for me since some time as well, with most going through.

Important is NOT to write one star reviews, the seller is innocent here, if an item doesn't get delivered.
Reserve those, if the seller fobs you off or the product is truly awful.

Do this: Wait 24 to 48 hours. NEVER activate 'Busy' state. Check your transaction log here:
https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php?lang=en-US
I had money debited after buy, only to have it credited back a few hours later, when the delivery failed.
If the money doesn't come back after 48hours, contact the seller and include the transaction data
in the message, so the seller can compare it with his account history.

If it was a free item, just order it again.

Contact LL support, if the money did not show up on the sellers account and is not credited back.

If you buy inworld, it could be advisable not to tp out, until the item is delivered.
One vendor even had a message like that popping up.

It could be that some merchants have not switched to the new store folder system and their products are being delivered to your objects folder instead of the received items folder. If you check your orders on sl marketplace it should tell you if they were delivered or not. There is a re-deliver button there too I recall. You can also check if your lindens were deducted from your account.

You could also just buy stuff inworld if it keeps up.

Today there was issues with the inventory servers which may have caused problems.  See the grid status report for details

Check your order history to see what it says.  If it says it was delivered it will tell you if it was delivered to your Received Items folder or sent as an object you had to accept. You should then check those places, and also any pending messages you have in case you didn't see the accept request.

If it says the delivery failed. then you will receive a refund and can purchase the item again.

If the items was copy you should have no problem getting redelivery if you were charged for them.  Either file a support ticket or contact the merchant.  If you contact the merchant be sure to send the order details from your order history to prove you bought it and paid for it.  If the item was transferable you will have to file a support ticket as there is no way to prove to the creator that you didn't receive the item and give it away, so most merchants will not redeliver transferable items.

If you put more than a couple items in your shopping cart the risk of a delivery failure increases. In the future you may want to buy one item at a time.  It is the safest way to assure delivery.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this site and make two purchases on marketplace quite a few hours ago and have the transactions but no products and my transaction history doesn't tell me who I bought what from - just gives me the amount and an order number which makes it difficult to contact the seller.  I can remember one of them, but not the other so would love some help please.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you put more than a couple items in your shopping cart the risk of a delivery failure increases. In the future you may want to buy one item at a time.  It is the safest way to assure delivery.

In the case of customers who have contacted me due to not receiving their items, 100% of them had many items in their shopping cart when checking out.  I always purchase one item at a time with the "Buy Now" option and have, to date, always received my items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.