New here, no idea what I'm doing!

ZandriaLo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So obvs by the subject name I'm new here. I guess like a lot of people I'm having a hard time figuring everything out and I feel like an idiot because everyone talks about how easy it is to make friends here, but I seem to be having trouble. I know it's ridiculous to feel shy and nervous when it's a virtual world, but I'm like this in real life and I'm still afraid of rejection so it takes a lot for me to get up the courage to talk to people. Any advice on making friends for a newbie? :) And if you wanna be friends, lemme know :D

ZandriaLo wrote:

So obvs by the subject name I'm new here. I guess like a lot of people I'm having a hard time figuring everything out and I feel like an idiot because everyone talks about how easy it is to make friends here, but I seem to be having trouble. I know it's ridiculous to feel shy and nervous when it's a virtual world, but I'm like this in real life and I'm still afraid of rejection so it takes a lot for me to get up the courage to talk to people. Any advice on making friends for a newbie?
:)
And if you wanna be friends, lemme know
:D

Hi Zandria...

First welcome to SL. It may seem like a big scary world out there, but it's really not. My suggestion is to go into search and find things that you're interested in...is it music? dancing? There are plenty of groups out there and lots of people in the groups...go out and look for them. When you find the group, send out a message or contact the moderator. Dont' be shy..no one is going to bite your head off for trying to say hello. Be polite and you'll be fine.

Good luck!!!

I am new to SL as well, and I have tried walking up to people in groups and people ignore me lol.  I am not quite sure why!  Some people will say hello to me when I enter a room.  You can add me if you would like.  I spend a lot of time just shopping, looking for freebies, and some times I go to the country club.

I completely understand what you're talking about. They either ignore me or act like I'm an idiot for saying hello. I'm like, everyone talks about how friendly people are and how everyone wants to make friends. Not having much luck ): I added you though! :D

ZandriaLo wrote:

I completely understand what you're talking about. They either ignore me or act like I'm an idiot for saying hello. I'm like, everyone talks about how friendly people are and how everyone wants to make friends.

We've all had that problem, which is why I don't do the club thing anymore. The only people who usually say hello are the girls working there and they tend to ignore you if you're not tipping.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.