Problem with shoe

Jumbomahmo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks. You are no inconvenience.

Do you need to script to get the boots to work right? No, I wouldn't think so, but some come with resize scripts and color changing huds which are really cool, so learning to script could only be a plus.

If you are still having probs with the boots I recommend you get a free pair of boots and see how they are attached and then emulate that.

Assuming that this is a mesh boot attachment (NOT rigged) that you made or have modify perms for:

You just need to rez a tiny prim cube, put it inside the boot's leg section, and LINK it to the boot mesh (I assume these are separate left and right mesh boots). The prim MUST be the ROOT PRIM of the linkset. Repeat this for the other boot in the pair.
Hide the prim cube by setting its transparency to full. The boots in theory should stay where you want them to, since with the prim cube as the ROOT prim, the attachment point becomes the prim.

:matte-motes-smile:

Reason is that if these are mesh, their centre points don't align with the leg sections of the boot, and are probably too far out to get a decent fit when attaching them to the Avatar's lower leg. Hence it jumps out of place.
(I had this exact same issue when I made my first ever mesh footwear items).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.