Is there a random TP script?

Navy1 Coba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last few weeks I have been getting random TP requests to transport to the same area with the same sim. I have asked several regular visitors and they too have been getting them. All seem to be coming from various newer avatars. I have been unsuccessful in getting a response from the location owner. My question is:

1. Is there such a script that can be placed so as you walk across it, it sends random TP requests to other avatars on the same sim.

2. If not, has anyone heard of one of these business gaming programs that reward people for visiting and sending such requests out as they visit. (I could care less if they pay someone to visit their location, but the sending of requests to my customers is not acceptable)

It would be very easy to write a script that calls llMapDestination when you trigger it in a touch* event.  The script wouldn't teleport you immediately, of course, but would open your Map view, set to a pre-determined destination.  You'd TP to that spot if you clicked the Teleport button. Unless you are wearing the scripted object, llMapDestination doesn't work if it's called from other events, though.  You couldn't trigger it with a sensor or a collision* event, for example.  And there's no way to open a Map window on someone else's viewer screen.  The only other option I can think of would be to write a script that sends a SLURL in chat or IM when you trigger it -- and you could trigger it with almost anything, including a collision.  Even then, you'd have to click the SLURL to actually go somewhere.  Naturally, to make any scripted device work you'd have to have rights to rez the scripted object where you want people to bump into it.

ETA:  Unless you created a bot to detect people and send them the SLURL....... :smileywink:

Rolig Loon wrote:

It would be very easy to write a script that calls
llMapDestination
when you trigger it in a
touch*
event.  The script wouldn't teleport you immediately, of course, but would open your Map view, set to a pre-determined destination.  You'd TP to that spot if you clicked the Teleport button. Unless you are wearing the scripted object,
llMapDestination
doesn't work if it's called from other events, though.  You couldn't trigger it with a
sensor
or a
collision
* event, for example.  And there's no way to open a Map window on someone else's viewer screen.  The only other option I can think of would be to write a script that sends a SLURL in chat or IM when you trigger it -- and you could trigger it with almost anything, including a collision.  Even then, you'd have to click the SLURL to actually go somewhere.  Naturally, to make any scripted device work you'd have to have rights to rez the scripted object where you want people to bump into it.

ETA:  Unless you created a bot to detect people and send them the SLURL....... :smileywink:

This shows to me, as the person getting it, to be just like a normal TP request with a blue dropdown and the SLURL in chat. I am leaning toward #2 that some gaming business gives money in exchange for a visit TO your locaion and more for requesting TP's sent to avatars within radar range. Am hoping to find out who and report it to LL.

Thanks for your input.

Only avatars -- including scripted agents (aka "bots") --  can send tp requests.   

It's simple enough, whether by using a script or another bot, to send a bot a list of the uuids of everyone on a parcel or sim, and, while I don't know a great deal about bots, I don't think it would be too difficult to have a bot send a tp offer to the people  whose UUIDs it's just been sent. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.