Very Nasty Harassment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Someone is rezzing a spider, and a broomstick, in front of me. I keep Returning it; and Deleting it; to no avail.

It keeps appearing in my Inv, and on the ground in  front of me; and reappearing even after I have deleted it. Every 15 seconds or so.

I have gone to a no-scripts sim and removed all my attachments and clothes... it didn't appear BUT... it continued to appear back in my own sim as reported by a friend.

The objects have a name of creator; myself as owner; and someone else as most recent owner. I have banned that person from my sim.

None of this helps. When I tried to write an abuse report, the name of the person who appears as the last owner could not be found by the search function so that I could fill in the 'abuser's name' field: even though EXACTLY that name was on the object, as last owner. I had to use 'Governor Linden' as a workaround.

Can anyone please suggest what I might do to deal with all this, while I await a response from LL? You would inform me, and conceivably help other people who encounter the same problem, if you had a way forward to suggest.

Many thanks!

Christi Maeterlinck

Sounds like you are deleting an object rezzed by another apparently transparent and phantom object.  Until you locate the source object this will continue to happen.  Turn on Highlight Invisible and look around the area where the object is rezzing.  It could be a ways away and not necessarily very near.  So start at the rezzing point and walk around in an increasing circle until  your find it.

You can also look at the script info for your land and sort it by object name and see if there is something there that you don't recognize,

As far as appearing in your inventory, go to preferences and set it so that items offered are not automatically accepted.  That way if someone is sending it to you you will get to discard it as well as find out who is sending it because the notification gives the senders name.

Christi Maeterlinck wrote:

Someone is rezzing a spider, and a broomstick, in front of me. I keep Returning it; and Deleting it; to no avail.

It keeps appearing in my Inv, and on the ground in  front of me; and reappearing even after I have deleted it. Every 15 seconds or so.

I have gone to a no-scripts sim and removed all my attachments and clothes... it didn't appear BUT... it continued to appear back in my own sim as reported by a friend.

The objects have a name of creator; myself as owner; and someone else as most recent owner. I have banned that person from my sim.

None of this helps. When I tried to write an abuse report, the name of the person who appears as the last owner could not be found by the search function so that I could fill in the 'abuser's name' field: even though EXACTLY that name was on the object, as last owner. I had to use 'Governor Linden' as a workaround.

Can anyone please suggest what I might do to deal with all this, while I await a response from LL? You would inform me, and conceivably help other people who encounter the same problem, if you had a way forward to suggest.

Many thanks!

Christi Maeterlinck

It's likely an invisible object continually rezzing other objects. There are a crap ton going around, and yes they're meant as someone's amusement and your annoyance. They're just another griefer tool. You very well may have rezzed something and didn't realize what it was. There was one recently that had "GIFT" in it's name, so people assumed it was safe. It wasn't though.

You need to turn on transparencies and see if you can find it. If it was rezzing on your land with you gone, it's not an attachment, it's something on your land. You probably can't see it. If it's not transparent it may even be itty bitty.  I'm pretty sure cntrl alt and T works on most viewers(someone correct that if it's wrong please) to highlight transparent objects. Look for anything that may be rezzing these objects. It could be tiny, it could be huge. You need to delete that object. Don't worry about what it's rezzing until you delete the rezzing object first. I know it's a pain in the butt to deal with too.

As for the system not finding the person, it's likely they're under 24 hrs old. In which case, search doesn't usually find them. Sometimes it will, but not usually. They could also have already been banned.

Enlist the help of friends if you have to, to find the object on your land and get rid of it. Then check your inventory for the rezzer object(you'll know it's name once you find it on the land and delete it). It's likely a copy/trans item and probably has a name you'd never suspect. Delete it, and purge it, and whatever else you deleted related to it, from your inventory.

Don't forget to continue trying to AR though. The system may not find the name now, but give it some time, a day even if you have to. If the person hasn't already been banned, the system will find them.

Hello, Christi, I was logged in on my main account, and took the liberty of having a look around your property.  You'll be relieved to know it's not a griefer harrassing you.  You've decorated your hallway with a witch's hat on a coat hook, and it is scripted to rezz broomsticks and spiders.

the culprit.jpg

Well, now that you know that it wasn't a griefer, you can unban, and also possibly save a Linden some time.

Retracting an abuse report

If you file an abuse report and later realize that it was made in error, file a new abuse report stating that you do not want the initial one investigated. Provide any other information you think might be useful.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065#Section_.2.2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.