Lag after driver update.

Dayana Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I tried to update my graphic card drivers. A lot of people said it would help, and that i would probably lag less. So i did it. I found the latest driver of my graphic card and went on SL after restarting the computer. The graphics were much better, i have to agree. I could see the "glowing" effects on objects, normally i couldn't. The problem is, the lag. It's just horrible, the screen freeze everything 30secondes. Normally i have low FPS, but i can still move without problems. Any ideas why i lag even more after the driver update?

Perhaps when you updated your graphics card driver SL automatically set your graphics preferences higher than you had before. Go to Preferences (Ctrl P) > Graphics > Advanced, and adjust your graphics settings, particularly your draw distance, so that you aren't lagging so bad anymore.

EvaFashiion Breen wrote:

Hm. Alright. So basically, once it's done i simply need to check the graphics and make sure they are not in high settings.

@
Alicia : Hm. So do you have an idea to stop the lag?

Well, click advanced so you can adjust all the different settings, but yeah, if high is too much, turn it down to like medium or whatever. Although usually you can keep most of the high settings if you just turn down draw distance and avatars.

Also, go to a quiet sim, like Smith and make sure your lag probs aren't cause of the sim you are at, or go way up in the sky.

Hm, you know lag is not the issue actually. Sorry english is not my main language so i don't really know how to explain this correctly. I will try though. The screen freeze every 20-30secondes. The viewer become all white and i cannot do anything but wait or log off. It's annoying, i don't have this usually. So i don't understand. The graphics are actually low, everything is low. I have better graphics, for sure. But it keep doing that, i can't play correctly. Do you know why this is doing that, and how i could potentially fix it?

Nope, with older hardware it`s usually better to stay with a driver that works
If it was just coping with sl befor the update, it might be very possible that the new features in the driver enabled the extra load on the gpu to make it unplayable

My first instict says to uninstall the driver and use the version that was used befor the update, then go setting by setting in both the driver control panel and sl settings

Please use normal colors, preferably black and normal fonts when asking for help.

But at least a darker color.

We appreciate that you want to look unique but many helpers here will skip things like this.  Our eyes already hurt from all the reading we do and some of us have bad eyes to begin with.

Thanks much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.