Camera Angle Tilts Up When I Move

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has been bugging me for a long time and there is likely a simple fix for it - I just don't know what it is.

When I log into SL or tp to a new location my viewer angle is "level" - the view I would see when walking RL.  The moment I start walking, the camera angle tips up so it appears I'm walking uphill on a flat surface.  I generally walk, stop, use camera controls to bring the camera angle to level again while I look around.  As sooon as I continue walking, however, I'm back to "walking uphill."

I use the Phoenix Viewer v. 1185.  If anyone can point me to how to correct this, I would be most grateful. :)

The first thing I'd try, just because it's easy, is to remove all attachments, relog, and see if that happens to fix the problem.

If not, you need somebody with more extensive Phoenix experience. Even the Linden viewer has a bunch of debug settings that affect cam positioning, and it's very possible that Phoenix has more. I guess you could try moving the settings files from the Phoenix user directory (wherever that's stored) but then it will forget all other settings; if that works, there's surely a more selective solution--I just don't know it.

Thank you for responding Qie and solstyse. :)

Before I created this post I Googled any possible solutions and found another post by the same person as the author of the post you linked, solstyse, but this one looks like it includes a lot more info from the quick scan I just did.  Thank you so much for the link and I will definitely follow the instructions.

Qie, I don't think it's an attachment issue.  This has been going on a long time regardless of what I'm wearing...or not.  I just reached the "I'm really tired of viewing SL from a tilted perspective while walking" limit...lol.  If the info in the referenced link doesn't work, I will try another viewer to see if I have the same issue.  If not...will post on the Phoenix forum or in world group.

solstyse wrote:

Go to this link and follow the instructions.

Brilliant!!!  I am no longer walking uphill. :)  I adjusted the numbers given a bit because I have a tall avatar.  That post explained camera offsets in a very understandable manner.  Many, many thanks!!!

Ever since I first came across that link, I can't even look at the default sl view anymore. I have noticed that when someone wants to show me something or I want to take pictures I have to sit down anymore.Otherwise my AO makes my character keep walking across my screen! But yeah, I played with the numbers too. The important thing is that the person who wrote that made the camera debug settings so clear that you can do anything you want with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.