Help with an item on the SL Market Place?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I bought an item yesterday on the market called PREFABRICA - Elven Ears - Sculptie pack for elf avatar designers Sold by Loki Dancer, around 8pm SL time, and I've been debating contacting the seller about a failed delivery, but my history still says:

"1 item has not yet been delivered
This item is queued for delivery. Merchants cannot redeliver the item at this time, and have not been paid. If the item is not delivered within 8 hours after purchase, you will automatically receive a refund to your account. If you make a purchase while the transaction is in progress, the refund credit may be applied to your next order."

After all this time, it hasn't said it failed, and I haven't gotten a refund, so what should my next step be? Do I contact the seller or a moderator, or Linden Labs itself?

I ordered a few other things along with it that still stay the same thing, but I'm not worried about them, they are all $L0-$L1, so it's no skin off my back, but these ears are $L249 that I didn't really have to begin with. I'd like to either have them or my money back.

I'm not totally mad yet, because I'm still at the head-scratching stage. I'm so baffled by this nonsense that I just don't know what to do. I'm sure someone on here has had a similar situation, so I'd appreciate if anyone would be so kind as to give me advice or help me find an end to this crazy mess.

Yes, quite a few people have experienced the issue you described. Have a look at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Second-Life-Marketplace/ta-p/700189#Section_.2.2 . As mentioned on that page, if you wait  24 hours and the status of your purchase is still stuck at "qued for delivery", file a support case with LL (https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ Select Marketplace > failed marketplace delivery) because in this case the seller can't redeliver your purchase since they have not got paid.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the input. I always hesitate to contact LL if I have problems, even though, sometimes, I probably should. Though I have a question (or two, really): If I contact LL and they can get my $L back, would it be unwise to attempt to purchase the item again, and would they just shake their finger at me if I lost my money again on the same item?

Rotsuoy Demina wrote:

If I contact LL and they can get my $L back, would it be unwise to attempt to purchase the item again, and would they just shake their finger at me if I lost my money again on the same item?

The marketplace is riddled with faults so my answer to your questions are, (1) find the item you want and then go to the seller's inworld store to buy it, and (2) I don't believe that LL would wag their finger at you if you tried to buy it again and failed. It's their system and they must back it up. It's not like you are buying directly from another user.

Monti Messmer wrote:

No they wouldn´t. LL knows about the problems with Marketplace.

When shopping on the Marketplace do not use the shopping cart too much. Put 2-3 items in then close your order and start a new one. No perfect allways working solution but the best for now.

Monti

best advice ever here. I never put more than 1 item in my cart, it really doesn't take that much more time and I have yet to experience a failed delivery on anything I have bought by just checking out with 1 item at a time. Although because of all the MP issues...I typically only shop in world unless I'm just in that much of a hurry, which is hardly ever.

Deja Letov wrote:

Monti Messmer wrote:

No they wouldn´t. LL knows about the problems with Marketplace.

When shopping on the Marketplace do not use the shopping cart too much. Put 2-3 items in then close your order and start a new one. No perfect allways working solution but the best for now.

Monti

best advice ever here. I never put more than 1 item in my cart, it really doesn't take that much more time and I have yet to experience a failed delivery on anything I have bought by just checking out with 1 item at a time. Although because of all the MP issues...I typically only shop in world unless I'm just in that much of a hurry, which is hardly ever.

I second this being the safest way to go with MP purchases atm.  I don't even use a shopping cart; I just click the purchase item now selection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.