How do I delete messages in my INBOX?

Sukiss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

You cannot delete them yourself.  However, items are delivered automatically when you log in to SL (or, if you have been in Busy mode, when you are no longer Busy), thus emptying the "inbox". Messages are delivered to you as IMs.  Other items (objects, notecards, etc.) that may have been delivered are sent to your inventory.  If you do not log in within 31 days, stored messages in your "inbox" are automatically deleted.

Does the viewer(s) now store IM's in an INBOX?  I always thought IM's (and chat) were stored in a file on your computer (things change all the time so I may be mistaken here.....but I don't think so).

What I think (by the use of the word "indox") you are talking about Private Messages (PM's) you have received from other members of the Forums/Blogs/Answers.  You delete those by opening your messages (that little envelope looking icon next to "Welcome Sukiss" at the top of any Forum (Answers or Blogs) page.  You will see all the messages you've received since the last time you cleared them.  The way you delete those messages is to click on the tab (for messages you've received "Inbox", for messages you've sent "Sent") is to check the messages you want to delete.  Then go to "Message Options" and mouse over the little arrow.........that opens a dialog box that gives you options for the messages you have checked.  Just select "Delete".  That's it..........your done.  If you also want to delete the messages you've received just just click the "Sent" tab and do the same thing.

Now that Peggy has suggested a very different type of Inbox, let me guess yet a third possibility.   Do you mean the Inbox in your web profile?  I'm sorry to say that I don't know the answer to that one.  I've never used it myself, and I can't find any documentation on line.

I assume you are talking about the inbox in your web profile. To delete messages, open your inbox, click on the message you want get rid of: there is a "delete" button at the top right corner. You have to do this one message by one, there is no way to delete several or all messages in one time.

inbox.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.