Wrong Listings

Catriona Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is probably another thread on this somewhere but I couldn't find one so I'm writing this one...

Ever since we switched from Xstreet to the MP, I've noticed that several of my very old items are still showing in my store, even though they are no longer for sale, are no longer even listed in my MP inventory.  Most of these listings show someone else's product that has nothing to do with my original listing, and if you click on it, it shows an error.

I remember seeing a JIRA on this a long LONG time ago, and was wondering if anyone has updated this, or if its even being looked into at this point?

Thanks!

Cat

This is the original thread on the topic, begun back in March:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/ATTENTION-Listings-on-the-Marketplace-are-borked-Everyone-check/m-p/1457545/highlight/true#M18915

If you can see it, this is the jira for this mixed listing issue that quite a few of us have:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4587?

Welcome to the club. :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Catriona Dagger wrote:

Thank you for the info.  I voted on it.  But does anyone know if LL is bothering to actually try to fix it?

Before the jiras were closed to public view, this particular issue was denoted as a "show stopper" but, as Rival said, basically not much was done about it that I can tell.  In my case the original mixed listings went away, either removed by CTL, poofed on their own, or were pushed over by the current mixed listings that replaced the initial ones on my MP.

Interestingly, the current ones have images for items created by someone I know.  She and I recently chatted about this.  She also has a lot of mixed listings on her MP but, unlike my situation, she has been able to correct many of them by deleting and reuploading the images.  Her mixed listings (other merchant images with her product item/description) also actually open the item to purchase, which is really confusing for customers.

In my case, I can't remove the wrong images because they don't show up on my edit listings; however, they also default to the MP home page and my items they are "paired" with are also listed correctly.  So for me at this point, it's just a minor annoyance.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

In my case, I can't remove the wrong images because they don't show up on my edit listings; however, they also default to the MP home page and my items they are "paired" with are also listed correctly.  So for me at this point, it's just a minor annoyance.

I have one of those as well, everything else either I've managed to fix or they've vanished.  I've given up hope of it ever being fixed now.  With the jira closed to view it's  hard to know just how many people are still severely affected.  I know I saw one the other week where a fair number of listings were corrupted - but it looked like the wrong picture issue so it's possible that those creators aren't inworld anymore and don't even know it's happened.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.