I"m at wits end with virtual DJ

snigletz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok.... i have everything i need., everything is good to go. yes, my copy of VDJ was "taken" from another site. everything works perfect except..... i cant stream my voice.

i bought as stream, my music works in stream. that part is good. i bought a mic, mic works good but i cant stream. no one can hear me stream at all. i spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out. now, if i use SL mic chat, they can hear me. but that doesnt reach the full end of the room. 

when i go to broudcast in vdj i never et a option to include MIC+ MSTER. that option isnt there.... at all. and ive tried many things to get it to show up there. it doesnt. i dont think its the program i have that prevents that.... but hell... it may be. anways, please suggest

I presume you've looked at this page: Broadcasting Howto

1.png

In the 'Broadcast to a radio server' part you would input the details for the audio stream of the SL venue hosting your show. It's safe to ignore the Name and Genre fields. You must follow the instructions and download the lame_enc.dll and install it manually into the Virtual DJ plugins folder. AFAIK lame_enc.dll is freeware but for some reason is not bundled with alot of software that requires it. For example I had to download lame_enc.dll for Edcast which I use to encode my live music performances in SL.

Did you turn down the music? Virtual DJ DOES NOT autofade music when you go to speak as there is no mic button. Mic should be "live" at all times. You must manually bring down the volume slider on the deck that is playing.

Mic & Master might not be in the Mac version?

Virtual DJ also has no way to mute your mic. So either you need to be very quiet or you will need to "mute" your mic from the volume control properties.

Edit:

Seems that Macs do have some problems on the spectrum of things. If VirtualDJ doesn't work out for you, you can always try Nicecast. That should be very similar to what SAM Broadcaster is to Windows.

I tried virtual dj so many times from version 4 right up to latest and the thing I could never get to work was the damm mic and stream,   streaming would work great but together ,never could do it,  this is why I changed to sam and winamp,

the people at virutal in my eyes are idiots  they have such a great program but neve rhad made it easy to get the mic to work and as for winamp they are idiots for not exploting a lucrutive hole, make some decks for winamp and your mint the money

well good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.