Frauds and jerks in sl

Walt Weston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You're welcome Walt, I would have never known that until I had inventory returned to me and freaked out as I thought it was gone lol, tried filters, going back to the time it was returned , etc. Then when I started returning to others I seen how it has to come back as one object unless you return items individually. Glad I could help. Hope your frind's situation got total resolve :)

I guess I'll give my description of what is a game and what isn't.

Before SL you had all these video games to play.  They were scripted games.  You had to follow the path of the game in order to finish it.  You can't deviate from the scripted path.  After you reached the goal of the game, you could start again and play it over and over and over.  But it's the same game.  The characters in the game aren't real and there are no feelings to hurt.

SL is not scripted.  You can deviate from any path.  There is role play and there is no role play.  There are rules of conduct within SL.  A lot of sim owners post them.  You have a choice of what you want to do but there is no clear path to follow and no goal.  Going to clubs, dances, etc isn't a game.  There are all kinds of genres of music that everyone enjoys and they meet people with those same interests.  There is dancing and conversation.  There are even real live bands that stream in their music for others to enjoy as well as DJ's.  There is no competition and no goal to reach.  People mutually agree to meet and talk and dance.  Most form actual friendships.

There are strict role play sims and some not so strict but it takes research and study to role play on those sims.  Again, no compeitition, no goal to reach other than the enjoyment of pretending to be someone like in a stage play but with a more realistic background and a learning curve.  There is no How-to book to tell you how to do it.  Those sims will have instructions on what you can and can't do but otherwise you are on your own with a little help from the long time residents to get you acclimated.

There are educational sims also.  Again, no compeitition no goal. 

In the end, without a goal to reach, SL becomes an ever changing world depending on how you use it and behind every avatar is a real person.  They have feelings just like you and to treat them like a game character is unfair to them and can result in them muting you to avoid you all together.  Something you can't do in a game you can play over and over.

I hope this clears it up.  =^.^=

so when children play in their open ended way it isnt a game because there is no competition & no goal ??

i think that every1 who tries to insist that games must have rules goals competition winners & losers etc etc .. have their heads locked in2 the very model of competitive greed based striving enterprise they were socialized w/ by the propaganda machines of greedy dog eat dog capitalism .. i think their efforts worked on these ppl

games are about having fun .. they need not be competitive .. the most fun games are cooperative .. every1 'wins' the most fun games .. games w/ winners & losers promote bullying .. they promote the gloating of the 'winner' over the humiliated 'loser' .. theyre sick sadomasochistic exercises in the dom/sub mindset .. they restrict rather than liberate

theres plenty of sociopathic & sadomasochistic activity in SL .. its true .. but theres also plenty of good clean fun in which every1 has fun & every1 wins .. insisting that only a restricted subset of gaming activity is 'truly' or 'really' a game is silly

SL is an open ended game .. it can have goals & competition but it need not have .. SL can be fun or it can be taken so seriously that it ends up not being fun .. only then would i say that fails to qualify as a game

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.