Moving from a Meadowbrook Quad to a 2-story Meadowbrook

Rick Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am currently residing in a Meadowbrook Quad... whick is NOT the type unit I specified when I chose Meadowbrook!! Making the dynamics of space in the quad fit my needs and inventory of furnishings is an absolute impossibility... and that was my reason for choosing a 2-story unit. My understanding at the time I moved into the Quad was that no 2-story units were available and that I would be contacted at some point by someone when one was available. That was a month ago and I'd like to have REAFFIRMED that I am on a waiting list, WHO controls this and WHERE on the fabled WAITING LIST I AM. Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help.

RickerR 

2 answers to this question

No, there's no waiting list.  If you want to change to another style of Linden Home, you need to abandon the one you have now and then request a new one.  You can do that up to 5 times a day.  Getting a Linden Home is much like buying a house in RL.  The one you really like may not be on the market when you go looking, so you can either choose a different one or wait until one that you prefer is available.

BTW, you should be aware that all Linden Homes are on 512 sq m parcels and they all have the same 117 prim allowance, regardless of style.  Whether you choose a single story or a two-story version of the Meaowbrook style, you will have the same space and prim constraints.  You may want to consider applying your 512 sq m land fee waiver to a parcel of your own choosing on the mainland instead. 

• Like 2

You were misinformed, or misunderstood what you were told.

There is no waiting list.  And you cannot choose which of the two Meadowbrook styles you get.  You can only choose one of the four main styles of Linden Home, one of which is "Meadowbrook".  You can't even choose "Meadowbrook" unless there is one available, and it is the most popular style of Linden Home.

It's strictly chance as to whether you get the quad or two story variant.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.