The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My first Gripe, is in that there are not enough Gripes. Narrowed, defined, and isolated instances of dissatisfaction.

Gripes are like grapes, small, but volatile, if bottled up.

I have been working with the Library Textures found in the Inventory folder. I have been building objects in SL for more than 5 years. Many of the textures do not match, and some have been intentionally altered to limit the textures range of use.

Providing Residents with a proper set of tools, will help in establishing some basic building standards.

The Premium sandboxes are... Premium, so nice.

The breakdown of the cost, (in past Forum discussions), when measured against the value, has proven that it almost pays to be premium (1year).

I have never been able to decipher any boolean logic in a Linden's thought processes.  Could it be a genetic trait that they all share?  I hope it is not a case of inbreeding.

But what ever you do, please watch out for traps in the sand boxes.  We'd hate for you to get snared in one.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

phaedra Exonar wrote:

I did a search inworld, and I see your point.  The only way that will change is if LL changes ether the name of and/or the discription of all premium sandboxes, but not likely to get noticed by LL pointing it out here.

I know.  I could make a secret JIRA though. 

LOL

Make the Jira then post it here and keep us updated, that way it's not secret, if other feel strongly about this issue and yours doesn't get results, then they could file a jira for the same issue which would be the best way to show support for the issue under the new system.

It is obvious to me why LL sets things up this way.  By continuously being told  when you TP that you can't go to a sandbox because you are not premium member they hope they will frustrate you enough to get you to sign up for premium.  A devious marketing ploy that probably also convinces some newbs to think you have to be premium to build.

Your best bet is to ask around and get landmarks to non premium sandboxes or only attempt to TP to non linden sandboxes sponsored by a group or someone.  They may ask you to join their group to use the sandbox, but that's less frustrating and you can always drop the group when you no longer need it.  Many are monitored too so you aren't bothered as much by griefers and silly newbs playing with their freebie toys.  If you don't need to use a lot of prims,look particularly for the smaller sandboxes as many times they are quiet and you have them to yourself.

The easiest way to find them is the destination guide, but changing the description would be a big help for inworld search. Looks like most if not all premium sand boxes are just copy's of each other, I think that the lack of a better description was probably just an oversight that was reused for all the sand boxes, I noticed that many of the public rez zones in many of the public oceans reuse the same parcel name, so I think it may just be a common practice at LL, might be some thing to point out to the LDPW

I only ever go to the destination guide itself and use the menu on the left to select sandboxes and I can't recall ever choosing a non premium sandbox.

Aren't they clearly indicated in that drop down/expandable menu rather than a general search?

Respectfully Qwalyphi, as your posts are extremely entertaining, always interesting and respectful to all...

.. might it simply be a case of sour gripes in this one instance?

I think I know what the problem is; you're trying to use Search to find things. :smileyfrustrated:

Open the World Map, type the word Sandbox, hit enter. All of the empty sandboxes are Premium. The Regions filled with boxes and grief, those are non-premium.

The red one that is Off-line, is usually Weapons Testing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.