How is it possible that with every new alt he finds out whom i am within the ten min i have created!

Mieng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I left my rl partner now a week ago in rl, was already posting here about his abuse behaviour etc etc, so i took the advice and left! Now we where not married and i am free to go right!! Not, in sl he comes and finds we with every alt i make or had and where he was not aware of... i made this week tree now alts and he found them!! I never told a soul i was in sl... nobody i was just minding my own business ...the last one he im´s me and said there is second life scripts that give you away... !!!

Now he has find out where i moved in rl too... and was standing infront of my door 3 days after i left!!

Bin to the police for that last matter but in sl i can file reports as much as i want!! Nothing happens!! he still making alts and contacts me almost every day with an other on, even from his work!! Called his work and they now blocked my telephone number ... I am at the end of the line and really don´t know what to do anymore..atm downloading going to do a format on my pc..where he weird enough never had acces too!! He reads this i hope and will understand that i will keep going to file reports in sl and in rl till somebody stops this man!! I thought we had some sort of privacy in sl but seems to me its better just to leave it behind and go read a book... But then he got what he wanted!! or not??

5 answers to this question

You have done the correct thing by going to the RL police.   Stalking is a crime.  Continue to file reports on every incident.  Hire a lawyer if necessary to get a no-contact injunction.  This is a serious matter.

As you have discovered, it is almost impossible to hide in SL.  People follow predictable patterns.  They shop in the same places day after day, meet with the same friends, and they visit clubs and other favorite spots.  It doesn't take much detective skill or many special tools to find you unless you stay home on a private sim all the time.  You know who he is, though, so be sure to mute him.  If he does anything that violates the TOS, file a complete Abuse Report immediately, but do not mention it to him. Do not respond to him in any way or acknowledge his presence.  Pretend that he does not exist.  If you are lucky, he will either assume that he has found the wrong person or will get tired and just go away.

Whenever you connect to the Internet you have a identifier called an "IP address" that's unique to your particular computer, internet provider and real-world location (I"m not sure of the complete specifics so someone may be able to correct me on the details.) If you keep creating alts and logging in from the same location and computer you keep using the same IP address, and there are ways of determining this in SL. Looks like he was able to figure out your IP address (there are a number of ways he could have done this, both in and out of SL) and has a script that notfies him whenever someone is logged in from that address. Talk to your internet provider about getting your IP address changed. There are also programs that let you disguise your IP address but they might get you in trouble on SL because they are frequently used by griefers. Meanwhile, don't log in or create alts from your usual computer until you can do something to change your address.

Wow, that's quite a lot of drama here. First of all, you did right calling the police in RL. Keep calling the cops everytime it will be necessary.

As for SL, creating alts is maybe not enough: if you start a new alt, do not go to your usual places. Do not talk to people he knows, or even your usual friends. Do not create a look too similar to your previous avatars. Block/mute any person that you may suspect as being him or one of his alts. SL is a huge world. If you are cautious and move to other places, there is absolutely no way he can find you.

I'd follow Innula's advice as I am also almost certain he has installed some sort of keylogger in your computer while you still lived with him. Clean your PC, first then make a new alt and see if that works. Try to stay away from the same places you normally visit, find new places, new friends. Good luck! And hope all works out for you. *hugs*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.