Wow okay. Why can non americans/canadian's no longer call billing?

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got a PM from someone I gave the billing numbers for outside the american continent numbers. They wrote that the number I gave them doesn't work, so I checked here:

http://lindenlab.com/contact

and lo and behold the only numbers remaining there are for americans and canadian's. What the actual fudge? This makes me VERY hesistant to continue using my credit card here because if something goes awry I will have no person to talk to. And without a premium account not even live chat.

When did this change? Was there an announcement?

Edit: KarenMichelle Lane I gave those very numbers to someone who needed to call billing, they sent me a pm telling me that the number doesn't work. I told them to contact billing per any other means on the contacts site but it's crazy to hear that.

3 answers to this question

Are you saying that the other numbers here for outside the US & Canada no longer work?

Contact Support

Concierge Support Phone Numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long Distance

8am to Midnight PST, M-F; and 8am to 8pm PST Saturday and Sunday

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646

It simply looks like the support numbers have been removed from the Physical Address entry on the map service.

• Like 1

There hasn't been a change.  The billing contact numbers have always been listed here:

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

I believe, at one time, there were several more numbers for outside the US/Canada but that change was a couple years ago when LL closed some of the offices outside the US.  You can always use the long distance number (703.286.6277)......use Skype to avoid the some or all of the long distance fees.

A few years ago I explored some of the SL like virtual worlds.  One stands out in my mind (though I cannot remember the name of the world) that originated out of Germany.  It was DirectX based, which I thought might improve some of the inherent problems in SL (it didn't) is the reason I tried it.  What I did notice immediately (because, if I can't get support for billing I won't opt into any money exchange with them) is that there was no billing contact number for outside Germany.  LL, with all their faults, has, for a very long time, provided avenues for support for major population areas outside the the US..........that hasn't changed at all for SL billing support.

• Like 1

What number isn't working iCade, the US long distance number 703.286.6277? Is the person you gave the number to remembering to dial the US international dialling code 00 + 1 before the area code 703 and number if residing outside the US?

The toll free numbers only work in the designated countries and don't need an international dialling code.

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Billing Support can also be contacted by email at support@payments.secondlife.com although if my memory serves me right, a few people have had issues sending an email to that address depending on their email provider.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.