Is there a way to stop my skirt from going thru my avi?

Christana18

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Christana18

They'll be calling me a n00b too on this one, for I never saw such a gadget.

I believe though that the newer mesh skirts (and hair) don't go through avs like the old stuff tends to do.

Other answers will follow. Please keep checking back.

Yes, there are several gadgets like that and they are all unsatisfactory.  The way they work is by tilting the skirt forward at the waist when you sit, so that it tilts up and rests on your thighs instead of penetrating them.  It sounds like a smart idea except that....

1.  Rotating the skirt forward means that the waist goes UP in the front and DOWN in the back, exposing a butt crack.

2.  It's activated by anything that its script interprets as "sitting".  That includes dancing, standing on a pose stand, using a "sit" teleporter, and many other things.  These can be embarrassing......

3.  It's meant to adjust for when you walk too, so that th skirt doesn't fly up behind as you walk.  But if you take only a step or two at a time, the skirt starts flapping up and down like it's bewitched.

In short, don't bother.

ETA:  Oh, OK... but don't say that I didn't warn you.  You can find several of those things by going to Marketplace, setting its search to look in the Scripts section, and typing in the keyword "Skirt".

Rolig nailed it, as always!  I've tried several "sitter scripted" skirts, and found them unsatisfactory.

The fact that prim attachments go phantom when worn, and can pass through avatars, is not entirely a bad thing.  Otherwise, it would be hard for a gentleman to dance with us when we are wearing a full skirt!

There are some workarounds and options.

• glitch pants.  These are pants the same length and pattern as the skirt.  When your legs poke through, it looks as if the skirt were draped over the limb.  The illusion fails, though, when you sit and your prim skirt hangs straight down beneath your chair.
  • Wear system skirts.  Some system skirts (not many!) look pretty good.  But they don't come in all styles, by any means.  Those that make your hips and butt look too fat can be compensated for by using a somewhat slimmer version of your shape when wearing the skirt.
  • Wear Mesh skirts.  These drape and follow your movements well...but you must have the right shape to look good in them.
  • Wear very tight miniskirts, the kind made with a pants layer and a "filler" prim between the legs.  These can work very well, slthough the filler prim can get misaligned with the pants hem in hipshot poses.
  • Wear mostly pants!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.