The difference between sculpt and mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I finally figured it out. Here are two scenarios first about the avatar - 

It has to do with the avatar's midsection mostly. If it has sculpt abs - that means they are thin, rippled and hard. 

If it has mesh abs, that means it was out of shape and got injured to the point of herniation and they had to go in and use mesh to fix the area. Inuuries are commonplace when an avatar does a faulty animation.

One unknown building tool out there is called rupture. That is what happens to require mesh. However, it happens so fast that you would need 30 FPS or higher to see it and it is easy to miss.

Avatar physics do not work with sculpt abs. They are too firm. They do work with mesh though since mesh abs are so fragile.

Another difference is - a sculpt prim is an antique piece of crap built by hand that your grandmother insists on keeping cause "it might be worth money". But if you disagree or throw this sculpt away, you will not mesh well with her after that.

Well, that is my SL techincal know-how on that subject. Please ask me if you need an explanation about any of the other wonders of SL.

I logged in for a bit a few minutes ago to tell a friend about my amazing revelation and i learned something else -

Bear with me here...

OK, have you ever logged in to your home and conveniently, the place is not availabe? That happend to me today. The place i got dumped off was some dance. So that answers the question "What do avatars do when we are logged off". They are out partying! See usually during the log-in screen, your avatar is sent a warning to get back home and act all innocent. Sometimes they do not get the warning and you catch them at a party. So conveniently, the region unavailability is YOUR avatar pretending "home" is not available.

yes, i do believe this is the truth behind what goes on when we log out.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

There's a log out button?

Yes there is a log out button, but its nonfunctional as far as the avatar is concerned. It only blanks your screen and sets the avatar free from your control. Pathfinding is being developed to control your avatar after you push the log out button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.