Will Steam Help Us?

Deja Letov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

As you say, too, people create content without being "content creators" in the formal sense.   Friends of mine create wonderful environments on their sims or in their homes, not for any commercial purpose but because they enjoy doing it, or simply putting together different looks. 

This is so true. Many people are avatar artists or home decorating artists - they do not personally make the elements they use in putting their home or avi styles together but they really create the end products. I make homes and furnishings, but I am not really very interested in decorating. Many of my customers do an amazing job of it, much better than I would.
Certainly I am astonished at what fantastic avatars some people create and outfit -- poor Pamela wears the same outfit for months. 

(Emphasis mine)  I know a brilliant scripter that has worn the exact outfit for the 3+ years I've known him, complete with pink bunny slippers.  For all I know he's worn it the entire time he's been in SL...lol.

I used to change my outfit at least daily (more often when partnered due to dressing appropriately for wherever we visited).  Now I'm getting too lazy to change since I mostly stay at home, at my store, or in my workshop.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Obviously it happens because we're all here aren't we?

Not to accuse you of making an intentionally weak point, but this sounds like sort of a Jim Jones/Marshall Applewhite kind of argument which exploits a basic cognitive bias regarding the perception of a small concensus as representing either a broader consensus or one that "would exist if more people could think as clearly as we do".

Moreover, we who are still here represent an ever-dwindling pool of people still somehow haven't yet come to find participation in SL to be utterly pointless... and even we seem to be constantly complaining about things. 

If LL can't even preach to the choir anymore, then to whom can they preach?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.