Second life is this economy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second life as far i see things forget this is a game and some people are willing to pay just to play and not for anything more, some people want to make money to their Real life but some wont just want to play and use this just to have a break of rl. but second life stop focusing on players and focuse now more in  the ones that want to make lidens(REAL life money), i dont know how that will affect them on the long race, the only thing they can miss is players and the money they wring to the game.

They are continue changing way of paying to liden lab, like they want verify paypal account and not prepaid credit cards, they remove prepaid cards even from the marketplace so now u cant use them even there. If u ask me all they lost is money they cant force anyone into do something and the only thing they lost is money.

IF they ask me they need to separed the ones that want to make money(business orriented real life money) and the players in diferent category so wont affect any individuals that only want to play and willing to pay and not involve any real life info into the game.

In this bad econmy most business are facilitators and second life is not one, on the long race and maybe short is a desicion they will regret?, i cant say 100 percent but is a risk that wont look pretty well.

And how is it the merchants fault that LL does not accept some forms of payment?  The merchants have no voice in that decision.  I can also assure you that if it were up to the merchants, they would be happy if LL accepted these things. 

Further merchants get no breaks from LL.  Every feature and benefit that they receive is open to you too.  If you don't care to use these features how is that the merchants fault?  Right now merchants are pulling out there hair because of LL's failure to communicate and fix bugs on the Marketplace.  Take some time to read the commerce forum's merchants thread and you'll see that merchants are getting no special treatment and are as frustrated as you are.

Seems to me your blaming your inability to use a payment source or use one conveniently very unfairly on the merchants.  If you have problems take it up with the LL billing department.  If they can't help you no one can.

Hi LaGataLoca,

Linden Lab eliminated several ways to make money and even ruined the land market, so earning L$ has become significantly harder over the years. That doesn't look to me like the Lab focuses on people who want to earn money for their 1st Life.

People who earned a significant amount of money in SL were always a very small minority anyway, and LL never made a secret out of this fact. Most creators, club or shop owners etc. don't run their business to make money. They do what they do for fun. It's their way to play the game. Their earnings are often only a way to compensate a part of their expenses, and a small mark of recognition. But basically they are players like you and me.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

And how is it the merchants fault that LL does not accept some forms of payment?  The merchants have no voice in that decision.  I can also assure you that if it were up to the merchants, they would be happy if LL accepted these things. 

Further merchants get no breaks from LL.  Every feature and benefit that they receive is open to you too.  If you don't care to use these features how is that the merchants fault?  Right now merchants are pulling out there hair because of LL's failure to communicate and fix bugs on the Marketplace.  Take some time to read the commerce forum's merchants thread and you'll see that merchants are getting no special treatment and are as frustrated as you are.

Seems to me your blaming your inability to use a payment source or use one conveniently very unfairly on the merchants.  If you have problems take it up with the LL billing department.  If they can't help you no one can.

Ditto this ^^

Millennium Sands wrote:

Hi LaGataLoca,

Linden Lab eliminated several ways to make money and even ruined the land market, so earning L$ has become significantly harder over the years. That doesn't look to me like the Lab focuses on people who want to earn money for their 1st Life.

People who earned a significant amount of money in SL were always a very small minority anyway, and LL never made a secret out of this fact. Most creators, club or shop owners etc. don't run their business to make money. They do what they do for fun. It's their way to play the game. Their earnings are often only a way to compensate a part of their expenses, and a small mark of recognition. But basically they are players like you and me.

(Emphasis mine)

Ditto this too ^^

I don't want to see anyone made a 'second class citizen' in Second Life (or first) and it sounds like that is what would happen by separating the 'money makers' and 'players' into two categories.

Linden Lab's history seems to be a general hands off approach as far as guiding or legislating the community. They have historically made changes after a period of prolonged uproar by the citizenry. 

In other words I don't think Second Life is due to become a highly controlled environment any time soon (though some who hoped for anarchy would say it's already too strict.)

Only other thing I can say to your post is that I can't stand Pay Pal for many reasons. I wish places would find some other way.

LaGataLoca wrote:

Second life as far i see things forget this is a game and some people are willing to pay just to play and not for anything more, some people want to make money to their Real life but some wont just want to play and use this just to have a break of rl. but second life stop focusing on players and focuse now more in  the ones that want to make lidens(REAL life money), i dont know how that will affect them on the long race, the only thing they can miss is players and the money they wring to the game.

They are continue changing way of paying to liden lab, like they want verify paypal account and not prepaid credit cards, they remove prepaid cards even from the marketplace so now u cant use them even there. If u ask me all they lost is money they cant force anyone into do something and the only thing they lost is money.

IF they ask me they need to separed the ones that want to make money(business orriented real life money) and the players in diferent category so wont affect any individuals that only want to play and willing to pay and not involve any real life info into the game.

In this bad econmy most business are facilitators and second life is not one, on the long race and maybe short is a desicion they will regret?, i cant say 100 percent but is a risk that wont look pretty well.

I'm honestly not 100% sure what you're saying here, but based on the last portion of  the post, it sounds like you want to separate out the grid from people who make money and those who just play for fun. While that may sound good to you, keep in mind that the ENTIRE world of Second Life is created from users. In other words, if you take all the merchants out (creators) this would quickly become a VERY boring world indeed. Think about it...you would lose clothing stores, furniture stores, night clubs, etc.  Shoppers and merchants are what makes this place what it is. And separating it out would do nothing but kill it.

Melita Magic wrote:

Only other thing I can say to your post is that I can't stand Pay Pal for many reasons. I wish places would find some other way.

Oh I agree with you, Melita, on this. PayPay have pulled too many nasty stunts on its users too many times, and I resent being forced to use them. Plus all they do is hold onto my money for an extra week, then charge me for the priveledge. I wish we could use an international pre-paid cc, and cash out by having LL deposit directly into it.

--

The easier it is for people to make their transactions, the better it is for all SL users. Merchants would never want LL to make this process harder for anyone.

And as someone who is both an SL resident and merchant, I wish LL would listen to me and tailor things to my needs. But they don't necessarily do so as I'm just one of the however-many users, with no special powers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.