I can't open Second Life, get a 0xc0000005 error.

Derriks Scaggs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This happened a day ago. Each time I try and run Second Life..I get an error message saying 2L failed to intiliaze.

I had no problems beforehand, and I've installed and re-installed 2L...still getting the same message.  

I've seen so other people getting the same thing, but nothing yet....Anyone have any idea whats going on?

7 answers to this question

I had the same problem and saw on a blog to use hitmanpro antivirus to get rid of it and it worked, after hours of frustration. I'm not spamming but I do want to post this on a few of these because so far it was the only thing that worked for me and it only took like 4 minutes. :)

ruby5454 Coleslaw wrote:

i got the mess back i still can not open sl this is not good they shound fix it i hope they do its been one week thur no sl a bug in all sl omg get a 0xc0000005 error that error i hope they sl will get it fix

"They SL" are not going to "get it fix."  There's nothing wrong with the SL viewer or server code, so there's nothing to fix.  You picked up a virus on the Internet.  You are going to have to get rid of it yourself.  There are some excellent instructions among the comments at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-29307 that have worked for other residents with the same virus.  Go there and read them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.